Brick Moulding Stencil

Secret15

Hi Guys, i am pretty new to this and i am looking for a stencil that i can use when painting so that i can get the brick look or any tool that can help me with what i want to do. Please let me know where i can find one or what i should be looking for?

Thanks Much.

N

nachoman

i am a little confused as to what you are tring to do... are you trying to paint a molded brick wall, or put a stencil on a wall to simulate brick? To paint a molded brick wall with mortar lines, I first paint the brick color, then thin some light gray and slop it over the bricks - wait a minute, then wipe the surface using a paper towel, leaving the gray paint in the cracks to simulate mortar. If you just want to put a brick pattern on a flat wall, i suggest printing sheets of brick pattern using a computer, then pasting them to the wall.

kevin

doctorwayne

There are also some suggestions for doing brick/mortar effects on a thread called "How to Need help" on page 2 of the HO Scale Model Trains forum.

Wayne

CalFlash

I once saw an episode of Home Improvement where Tim had a gallon of paint custom mixed to what he called AL. It painted on plaid! Seriously, other than covering it with something, you're not going to paint it to represent brick. Some guys have expreimented with decals with a brick pattern but I think that was over a surface that already had 3D detail.

knudsen

Printed bricks really don't look bad. You can buy embossed printed bricks that are really nice. Printed bricks have the advantage of randomly colored bricklets, which would be tough to do on plastic sheet bricks. I'll see if I have some in a pic around here.

knudsen

abv.jpg

jetrock

There are several ways to put mortar lines onto a brick building--a diluted mortar wash, painting the building the mortar color and daubing on brick color with a makeup sponge, or filling in the mortar cracks with any number of mortar-colored substances. I haven't heard of using a stencil for brickwork.