Brewster SB2A Buccanneer

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by 46rob, May 31, 2007.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

On May 9th, the National Museum of Naval Aviation dedicated it's newest addition...the SB2A Buccanneer. I've watched it slowly come together and to commemorate the occasion, I've built this:
  2. airbob

airbob Member

Rob,
    What better way to commemorate this event!...cool build of an "unusual plane"!!!:grin:
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

It’s a beautiful. Very nice and clean. Thanks for sharing.
  4. Alcides

Alcides Member

Rob

This is the upcoming model from fiddlers green?
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

Yes--I just finished the final layout this morning on it and the RAF variant--the Bermuda. Should be out soon. Scale is 1/48
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Reminds me a little of the Vindicator. Nice job Rob. Still waiting for that Lockheed :>)
  7. Alcides

Alcides Member

Lockheed? Wich Lockheed?
  8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Alcides, It's the one in the avatar.
  9. Alcides

Alcides Member

Rob

Your bucaaneer has arrived ( well, downloaed). Nice model !!!

I think is very detailed for the FG standards. The exhaust detail add a lot to the model.

I need more time !!! I need more time !!!

Regards
    Alcides
  10. 46rob

46rob Member

FG is slowly moving toward more detailed and complex models....although not to the degree found in the advanced kits. Chip's still trying to keep some art in the product, while embracing modern computer graphics. He does have some strict requirements for those submitting models, as to form, layout and style, but he's broadended the scope considerably in the past year. There are some really unique and impressive models in the pipeline, that'll be coming out in the next few months. If you don't have one, you might want to plunk down $19.95 for a year's subcsription to his MK's. Some really cool things are in the works. (none of mine at this time)
  11. willygoat

willygoat Member

I can't wait to build this thing Rob! I just downloaded it 2 minutes ago. It'll be put up high in the pile. THanks for your great work :-D
  12. 46rob

46rob Member

The RAF version had some color mismatch issues, when I printed it out. I've corrected it (hopefully) and Chiip should psot it in place of the original today. There was a bit of a mismatch on the USN version, too--but it 's already fixed. If your early downloads have problems, re-download them --they should be OK.
  13. willygoat

willygoat Member

Thanks for the info Rob. I'll do that soon :)
  14. Alcides

Alcides Member

Rob about this: Chip don't like the cad designed models? He wants something by hand? What it's the meaning of "keep some art in the product"? I'm just curious.
  15. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Chip is trying to keep to the simplicity that is the FG hallmark. Plus, he likes to think of every page as a standalone piece of art that could be hung on a wall. Everything from the arrangement of the parts on the page, to "fudging" the wingspan a little to make the page look better.

edit: Robs right about some impressive models coming out. The Me 321/323 is finished and waiting in line, I just finished the Martin B-10 for him, and am now starting on the P-82 Twin Mustang. Those are just mine. The Sikorsky S-38 is almost done, and a few smaller models are in process.
  16. Texman

Texman Guest

Your bringing back the F-82? Bless you!

Ray
  17. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Rob, I just downloaded the FG version for the RAF dated 6/6/07 to replace the one I downloaded earlier and it looks like there is quite a difference in the topside light grey from sheet one verses sheet two. I know that you corrected it and that Chip re-released it but could you just take a look to prove that I am not crazy? Beautiful model and are you in the picture of the restoration crew?
    Thanks
    Fred Z.
  18. Alcides

Alcides Member

Fred

Good news. You aren't crazy I see the same :grin:. The sheets 1 and 2 has different colors.

Regards
    Alcides
  19. 46rob

46rob Member

I'll check it out and try and figure out what the problem is.

thanks for the head's up.
  20. Texman

Texman Guest

Yes, and they are different from 3/4 as well.

Ray