Brewster Buffalo by Marek in 1:33 scale

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by dimas Karabas, Jun 12, 2005.

1. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

2. 46rob

46rob Member

We're currently restoring the only exisiting Buffalo at the Nat'l Museum of Naval Aviation. It was recovered from a lake in Finaland and will retain it's Finnish markings when complete.
  3. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

4. 46rob

46rob Member

Yes--that's the one. It's the only one of the type known to exist. The US Navy planes that were'nt shot out of the sky by the Japanese, ended up being recycled into Hellcats and Mustangs. The museum has naval aircraft from several different nations--not just US--although they predominate. If you ever find yourself along the central Gulf Coast--this museum is a "must see" on par with the the Smithsonian Air and Space museum....and it's FREE!
  5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

heheheheh Powered by guinness...what can I say... :D :D :twisted: :roll:
    Someone saw a pic of one of my builds with a Guinness Radio Can promotional giveaway and wouldnt let up...Nice build and the curves from the plasticine is a great idea...

John John
  6. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

7. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

8. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Great job :D The Buffalo is one of my favorites and that is also my favorite scheme too.

Of course after seeing your work I think building mine without the cockpit detail would be a sin.

Beautiful work.

John
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Great job :D The Buffalo is one of my favorites and that is also my favorite scheme too.

Of course after seeing your work I think building mine without the cockpit detail would be a sin.

Beautiful work.

John
  11. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Wow! The model turned out great! The gloss on the nose and the engine cowling is very impressing. I can't wait to see your next project! :D
  12. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Wow! The model turned out great! The gloss on the nose and the engine cowling is very impressing. I can't wait to see your next project! :D
  13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

It did turn out really nice! I really liked the cowling. The nose be it a cowling or radome always seems to be a dead give away that the model is made out of paper; I'm glad to see that it can be hidden as well as managed to do it. I'll have to try that one of these days.
  14. Willja67

Willja67 Member

It did turn out really nice! I really liked the cowling. The nose be it a cowling or radome always seems to be a dead give away that the model is made out of paper; I'm glad to see that it can be hidden as well as managed to do it. I'll have to try that one of these days.
  15. Gil

Gil Active Member

Very nice work! Taking your time does have it's rewards. The spinner and cowl are excellently done. Overall impression is of a detailed solid wood model...,

-Gil
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Very nice work! Taking your time does have it's rewards. The spinner and cowl are excellently done. Overall impression is of a detailed solid wood model...,

-Gil
  17. Nikolai Golovachev

Nikolai Golovachev New Member

Hi Dmitri!
    Congratulations!
    Your new model Buffalo looks great! Metal mesh parts of cowl air intakes add a lot of realism! Dima, You are very inventive person!
    Keep on good work!
    NG
  18. Nikolai Golovachev

Nikolai Golovachev New Member

Hi Dmitri!
    Congratulations!
    Your new model Buffalo looks great! Metal mesh parts of cowl air intakes add a lot of realism! Dima, You are very inventive person!
    Keep on good work!
    NG
  19. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Indeed, this is a very fine model! I admire the seamless joints in particular. I know I couldn't do it. Congratulations! - Leif
  20. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Indeed, this is a very fine model! I admire the seamless joints in particular. I know I couldn't do it. Congratulations! - Leif