Brazilian Abandoned House

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by mauther, Sep 22, 2011.

1. mauther

mauther Active Member

I am working in this " Brazilian Abandoned House":

This house really exists. It is located in Sao Paulo and is one of hundreds of old houses, with different features that make them unique. Unfortunately all of them are doomed to disappear, it is by abandonment and invasion of drug users, who steal even the pipes of the walls, or by real estate speculation. - Mauther

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Some templates:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And here the "start" of the building:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

More soon...

More about this project here:

Papermau: Brazilian Abandoned House - Starting The Building
  2. mauther

mauther Active Member

More some advances:

Here is the real house that inspire me to build this model:

[​IMG]

It is located at 113, Joao Bohemer Street, Sao Paulo, here in Brazil. I take this photo at this site: www.saopauloantiga.com.br/. There are many other houses like that there.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More soon.
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That is sad, and it is a fate faced by many cities in America also. We are losing sections of whole cities! Incredibly scarey! Some of these towns look like they would be perfect for filming "Zombie Movies"!

Beautiful capture of this building, by the way!
  4. paper hollywood

paper hollywood Member

I think this is really cool, Mauther. You're kind of crossing the boundaries between model design and fine art, I think. I love the rich texture, complete with graffiti. I've considered creating a model sort of like this of some downtown shops in my area.
  5. mauther

mauther Active Member

Thanks to Zathros and Paper Hollywood for your words! : )

To Zathros:

Youo say: - Some of these towns look like they would be perfect for filming "Zombie Movies"!

Well, I live in Sao Paulo, the biggest city in Brazil and one of the biggest of the world and take a look at this: as you can see, here, there are even zombies!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It is not a scene from Zumbiland. It`s Cracolandia, or Crack `o `Land, here in Sao Paulo, ner my home, near this house of the post! Sad!
    The government says - they are isolated cases!
    I say - no, that's an epidemic!

Sad...
  6. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hello,

More some updates:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to finish this house this week and put to download, so I will focus in the Halloween project. I need to do more some elements to improve the scene, like a trash can, some vegetation behind the house, maybe a red brick wall in background, etc...
    Suggestions are welcome and really appreciated!

Mauther
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Our government says everything. nothing is done. I used to work in a drug rehab center. People will always kill themselves, but what is going on is a pandemic. I tend to get political, and get in trouble. I am not right or left. I believe in peace,but sometimes, I believe in War. I believe in trying to save people, and in fact have, but some have died, and nothing could have stopped that, even in my own family (not immediate, cousins, well, I guess that is immediate!!).

It is the wealthy and powerful and we are caught in the middle. They call themselves different things, century in and century out, but, it's the same old thing. I still love life though, no one can take that away. :thumb:
  8. mauther

mauther Active Member

I agree with you, Zathros, you say all...

Brazilian Abandoned House is done! Here you see the last part of the assembly and in the end of this post you will find the link to download this model. Inside the .rar file are the Sketchup and Pepakura models of this house, if someone want to change textures, etc. Thanks to everyone who followed the making and completion of this model. - Mauther

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download here: Papermau: Brazilian Abandoned House - by Papermau - Download Now