Brass and Copper Gaiking

gravewolf

Aug 12, 2012
I made this years ago when I was still an apprentice. It's now missing a weapon on the left leg but I'm still looking for that piece since my room is a mess :p. It's made from brass, copper and a lot of patience since I made this manually. Some of the parts are held by screws but I soldered most of the parts using a silver solder. I had no templates to work with so it's not an accurate representation of one of my favorite super robots.
brass_gaiking_pic2_by_gravewolf30-d5bjrgw.jpg

brass_gaiking_by_gravewolf30-d5bjr3p.jpg

I was also trying make a brass Mazinger Z but I was flooded with work so I wasn't able to finish it.
mazinger_z_by_Gravewolf30.jpg

Z

Zathros

O.k., you are just showing off! You are not a craftsman, you're a Master Craftsman, and one of very few Master Tin smith's I've seen in decades!!

:inw:

gravewolf

Aug 12, 2012
Lol, I admit I am showing off a little but all of the works I posted are things I've done over the years. I'm just fortunate that my line of work helps me with my hobbies and my hobbies also improve my skills on work. My job requires that I know each and every work that is done inside the shop from manual cutting, soldering, casting, wax modeling, smithing, mixing chemicals, jewelry design and stone setting. It took me years to learn all these skills and I'm still trying to improve on them through research on the internet.