Branchline Laser-Art Structures

jtbterri

Jun 16, 2004
San Diego, California
Has anyone had the opportunity to see first hand, or better yet, work with/build one of their Residential Structures (homes)? While browsing their website the other evening looking for rolling stock ideas, I came across a house in their Residential Neighborhood series that is a dead ringer for one of my earlier haunts. Tried to find out about this at a couple of local LHS but could not find any houses in stock, lots of rolling stock
George.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I liked the look of those structures, so I bought one of their garage kits to try out. I've opened the box and test-fit everything, but have not assembled it yet. Everything looks good with very nice details including interior framing.

One thing is that the corners are not mitered, so you have to put edging (supplied) to cover the joints, and the roofing material looks more like brick sheet than real shingles.

Val

jtbterri

Jun 16, 2004
San Diego, California
Thanks for that input.
When you say that the roofing material looks more like brick sheet, it's still wood, not plastic correct? The model I'm looking at, the LaSalle, has what appears to be a curved/sloping roof on the front, which would seem to be inappropriate for plastic.
George

jtbterri

Jun 16, 2004
San Diego, California
Stopped at a LHS while out and about yesterday, and they happened to have one of the houses, The Tower, in stock. We took a look at the contents and sure enough, the roof is plastic and it looks more like brick than anything else. I posted a question to Branchline to see if this is the same on all of the kits, but no reply so far. I was disappointed to say the least. I thought at this price point and with the detail shown on the basic structure the roof would be a little more authentic looking. Don't remember many brick roofs back in the Midwest.
George