Branchline "Blueprint" Boxcars

Discussion in 'Product Review Forum' started by Conrail, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Conrail

Conrail Member

If you can get these...you should. These are sweeet!! Comes with E-Z couplers and metal wheels...and details even rivet counters could appreciate. Extremley nice kits! :thumb: :thumb:

[​IMG]
  2. Conrail

Conrail Member

Just wanted to add something here. I came across a "small" problem with a couple of these as I was assembling them. A few of the finer detail parts were broken out of the box. They can be repaired but if you don't have a pretty steady hand then it could make things look sloppy. Just a heads up. I havent assembled many models as my last layout was mostly "toy train" type rolling stock so I'm not aware of wether or not this is a common issue with models of fine detail. Overall though these are absolutely great pieces for your layout and I would / will buy more.
  3. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

I have heard that these are extremely difficult models to assemble, even for veterans. Let us know what you (and other Gaugers) experience.
  4. Conrail

Conrail Member

They are a bit difficult. Very fine details. As a matter of fact I opted to not include some of them because it would just end up sloppy or one wrong move with your finger and your gonna break something. Took me about 6 hours to put the first one together and about 4 hours a piece on the other two I have done. All the glue must be applied with a straight pin or equivelent and all the holes for detail mounting need to be redrilled with a pinvise. Some parts require a little shaving (doors, ends, etc.) to get them flush or even. The kits include two large steel nuts to use for weighting but they are not enough weight (2.25 oz need 2.45 oz) so I used the reliable sticky wheel weights. They are difficult to assemble but boy do they look good when they are done. Probably a little more than I really need for my particular layout but it's nice to have something so detailed. Here are a few pics of the three I have finished.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]