BR38 Steam Engine/1:76 /Albrecht Pirling

hemingway

Jun 26, 2007
Hi there,

last 2 weeks I build this one, it was a lot of fun!

It is a free download at kartonmodell-forum.de (you have to register), original in 1:38. I build it half size.

There is also a BR 94 and some wagons.

Cheers
Bernhard

Attachments

• BR38.jpg
    BR38.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 73
  • BR38_2.jpg
    BR38_2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 45
  • BR38_3.jpg
    BR38_3.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 43
B

Bionic Modeler

Very nice. After seeing your's I think I will build one myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

hemingway

Jun 26, 2007
Hi Tim & Chris, thank you for replying!

@Chris: I worked on it at the evenings (about 1 hour) for 2 weeks. But I am not a fast builder, of course...

Cheers
Bernhard

hemingway

Jun 26, 2007
Hi Nullmoon,

I mentioned it above: You can download it for free at kartonmodell-forum.de. Only thing is to register.

Kartonmodell-Forum | Portal

In comparison to the modelik "Kriegslok" BR52, this is a quite simple model.

Regards
Bernhard

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Hi TJ and welcome to our corner of the world,

Look at the post directly above yours and click on the blue hyperlink for Kartonmodell-Forum. Once there you must register before you can download any models. I believe there is an on-site translation guide to help you register. They have some great downloadable models and the craftsmanship is superb. Definitely worth a visit.

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
Jul 28, 2007
Southwest Michigan.
I didn't realize there was such an interest in paper locomotives and rolling stock. Do people usually add power units to these, or do most builders keep them as non-powered static displays? Either way, they're impressive.

This gives me a use for all those paper towel roll cardboard cores I've been saving from work. They're just right for O Gauge locomotive boilers.
Now I can make an O Gauge layout I can afford!

B

Bionic Modeler

Paper modelers are fior the most part content just to put their work on a shelf. A few of us sell them but I don't know of any who actually put a motor to them. The architectural models however are another story. Train modelers use them frequently in thier dioramas.

But the nice thing is you can do whtever moves you. If you want to put a motor to it, go for it. Just don't forget to include it as a build thread here on the forum. Who knows, you might start something.