Boylerwerx, Inc.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Here's the latest player in the lucrative field of model railroad product distribution, but unlike Walthers or Con-Cor, don't look to do business with this new titan. This business was setup by our very own Catt to supply his own model railroad with copious quantities of layout supplies. See, it all started a while ago when Catt wanted to order 50 undec. Atlas engines from Walthers for painting for the GVR. When they refused, citing him not being a hobby shop, Catt didn’t get mad, he got even. Now, he imports containers of supplies from overseas for his own personal use. Rumor has it that Atlas made twice as many N scale GP38’s as actually hit the store shelves, Catt purchased half the entire run for himself! Some stuff that is directly imported by Boylerwerx comes in containers, others, in boxcars. Today we see a DT&I GP9 spotting a hi-cube box car at the distribution center. This is a load of Micro-Trains low profile wheelsets from Oregon to re-equip the entire GVR fleet.

All kidding aside, this building was kitbashed from a Walthers paper mill kit. I hacked up the kraft mill building into a totally new shape. After a new coat of paint, a new roof, and a weathering job, it’s ready to serve on my Ironton Northern Railroad.

Attachments

• boylerwerx01.jpg
    boylerwerx01.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 146