Bought camera - here we go!

spitfire

the fruit store once again.... the same dog, ever hopeful....

Attachments

• fruitstore2.jpg
    fruitstore2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 83

shamus

Registered Member
Excellent photo and modelling Val, could resist playing around with one of your photo's. Hope you don't mind.
Shamus
wink.gif

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 68

spitfire

Mind?!! Mind??? No, I certainly don't mind Shamus. You are the master photographer and modeller after all. It looks much more like the time period now. Cool!

And I want to thank all my other role models, like Casey, Tyson, Charlie, Gary and Jon (who's a kind of opposite role model :D !) for the kind words and encouragement. Matt, Marty, Chris, Clerk, BDC - thanks guys!

BTW, I went back to the camera store today, and traded the Pentax for an Olympus (brand of the gods) Ultra Zoom as mentioned by Shamus and Gary on my other thread. I decided since I was up in the higher price end (for me) I might as well go another hundred bucks and get something that can really zoom in.

No pix yet, going to see Harry Potter tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Cheers
:D Val

Peirce

I was away on vacation when you started this thread. Good job. Keep up the experimenting. You are off to a good start and when you are comfortable with the new camera you will do even better. I'm anxious to see the results from the new, new camera.

spitfire

Originally posted by shamus
Hi Val,
If you need help with your Olympus C-700 let me know.

Hi Shamus

Thanks for the offer! I hope you won't regret it. ;) because here is my first question. How do I get into the super macro mode?

Thanks in advance.

spitfire

Got the new camera up and running. Here is a shot of the loading area at Thomas Manufacturing. I scratchbuilt the dock and sliding door out of plastic (using a left over grab iron for the door handle) and the freight elevator door is made of stripwood stained with some old stain I had kicking around. At one time I lived in an old warehouse and I have a real soft spot for those old wooden freight elevator doors.

Attachments

• freight.jpg
    freight.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 38

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by spitfire

Hi Shamus

Thanks for the offer! I hope you won't regret it. ;) because here is my first question. How do I get into the super macro mode?

Thanks in advance.
Okay a little tuition first:-
On the Olympus C700, rotate the dial to A/S/M
Now power up the camera – press OK button (in the middle)
Press right button next to the OK button for “MODE MENU” PRESS RIGHT BUTTON AGAIN. (New screen)
ISO set it to 100 (press ok) move down and set A/S/M TO “A” (press ok)
Press left button next to “ok” to go back.
Press bottom button then right button for Picture and set that to “SHQ” (press ok)
Go down to the bottom for “SETUP”
Press right button next to “OK” for custom
All the way to the bottom and press “Custom”
Set Fno. to f8 and move down one and set shutter speed to 1/30 press left button twice
To go back to normal screen then press OK to quit.

Camera is now set up for indoor photo shooting using good lighting, if you just want to take a photo outdoors, move the dial to AUTO and take pictures, for your railroad stuff, move the dial back to A/S/M --- There are loads more settings you can use, but lets try this first.

For Macro use the above settings, place the camera on a tripod and switch on the camera to “A” (A/S/M) Just right of the viewfinder you will see three buttons, next to the one marked Drive is the button for using macro along with other stuff. Press that button three times until the flower is in the window. It’s now ready to take a macro photo, now press the button marked “Drive” 4 times to get the camera into time exposure mode (10 seconds) set the camera to the place you wish to photograph up close, (2” it will go down to) and take the picture. It’s as easy as that.

Shamus
wink.gif

spitfire

That's great. Thank you very much Shamus. There's just one little problem, which is that I can't seem to find where I change the f-stop. My camera is actually the C-730 Ultra Zoom, not the C-700 so perhaps there are some differences in the setup. Guess I'll just have to read the manual!!!!!

Cheers

shamus

Registered Member
Yeah Val, quite possible that there is a small difference, can't comment as I have not seen that one.
Shamus
wink.gif