Bought camera - here we go!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi all!

Thanks to everyone who advised me on the digital camera purchase. I ended up having to make a few compromises on price and performance. Lousy Canadian dollar! :mad:
Anyway, $800 later I have a 3.2 megapixel Pentax Optio 330RS, with manual shutter/exposure control/focus, macro up to 1.5" . I can see as an SLR camera user this is going to take some getting used to (I keep trying to put my eye up to the LCD screen!!!!)

Well, as promised (or threatened depending on your point of view) here are some images. Please forgive the obvious errors - I'm still figuring it out.

Cheers
:D Val

Attachments

• cops.jpg
    cops.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 156

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
These guys hang out in front of Lou's Barber Shop, checking out the new cars and whistling at all the girls. It's 1955, and I'm still a little kid so fortunately I don't have to deal with them although they do call me "little boy" and my brother "little girl". It's supposed to be funny.
I think the guy on the left is Mickey Rourke's dad!

Attachments

• barbershop.jpg
    barbershop.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 148

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Just remember - I did warn you.

Here's a view looking up the street. You can see a Toronto Transit Commision PCC coming into view. The sky was overcast (with wood panelling) when I took this shot!

Attachments

• up street.jpg
    up street.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 143
Nice pictures! I bought a digital camera a while back (less $$ and less capability then yours) but I've used it more often in the last two months than I've used my regular camera in 4 years. I still have film in the reg. camera that's 2 years old. I can't remember what half the pictures I took with that thing are.

Keep 'em coming!

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Good Lord, Shamus. Look what you've done. The lady hath gone mad with the "the photo bug".:D :D :D

Good pictures Val. The lighting thing will improve with experience as you are finding out. Keep 'em coming!!!:)

Originally posted by spitfire
Just remember - I did warn you.

Here's a view looking up the street. You can see a Toronto Transit Commision PCC coming into view. The sky was overcast (with wood panelling) when I took this shot!

This picture reminds me of the forest fires we had when I was growing up in Colorado. Never got closer than about 10 miles, and since I was only a kid, I didn't understand why my parents wouldn't let me get closer. Now I know why. Very nice picture.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Fantastic modeling Val!
Just FANTASTIC!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
What an incredible level of detail!
I did a double take at first when I realized it was a MODEL!:eek:
Looking forward to seeing much more!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
You wernt kiddin you wanted it fast! Sheesh! Awesome shots. Awesome technology. Who woulda thot a film photographer would be snappin pixels so well the day the cam was bought? Too bad the battery technology hasn't cought up with you and the new digi cam, eh??? Great stuff, pat youself on the back! :D :D ;) :cool: :) :p

Val, your photos are very good, and I suspect they will only get better.

More importantly, though, the models/scenes are outstanding. That's some great detailing and painting you're doing. Congratulations.

BTW: You won't regret getting the AC adaptor. It sure beats worrying about batteries when shooting layout photos.:p