Botched E&N railfan attempt

ENR3870

Apr 1, 2003
Sooke, BC, Canada
www.geocities.com
Botched E&N Railfan attempt
Yesterday I went up to Nanaimo armed with a camera and 2 rolls of film hoping to catch some E&N action. I did catch some E&N action including the northbound passenger train and a southbound freight stopped to move a Chevy Sprint off the tracks in Nanaimo. I shot both rolls, but I didn't load the film properly in the camera and both rolls ended up blank.

I'll be heading up to Nanaimo on my next day off(probably next Tuesday) to try again. I'll post the photos on www.railroadforums.com

railwaybob

Jun 15, 2003
Ottawa, Ont
www.railwaybob.com
Bought a digital 2 years ago and I've been having so much fun with it, it's almost sinful.

The key thing to look for in a digital camera is optical resolution. The sales literature mixes up digital resolution and total resolution (digital plus optical) that they forget that what you want is optical resolution.

At the same time you get your camera, get a graphics software like PaintShop Pro. You can get better digital resolution with a graphics software than you can with the camera.

So remember, optical resolution is what you compare. The bigger the better.

cobra

Dec 11, 2003
belle river , Ontario
Visit site
Digital cameras are certainly the way to go . ...wish I had done it long ago . Lots of good deals out there ( I got a Kodak but there are many comparably priced ) and between it , the camera dock and the computer , photos are a snap as is editing , downsizing ...you name it . I got the 128 disc to go with it and plan to do a lot of railfanning . I messed up too many rolls to count , back in the old days when I didn't load the film right .

Cobra