Boeing Clipper

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by barry, Mar 2, 2006.

1. barry

barry Active Member

Rubbish

That makes me feel better we are all basket cases maybe we should run a thread labeled "Who has the biggest plie of rubbish then". I' m getting worse for being tight I have to print so many little bits I forgot, I've started cutting up A4 and running that through the printer has not jammed so far. I kid myself I am being green.

@Jim

Yes I will release it old mate as soon as I recolour the latest revision and remember which bit is from which page.
  2. barry

barry Active Member

Rubbish

That makes me feel better we are all basket cases maybe we should run a thread labeled "Who has the biggest plie of rubbish then". I' m getting worse for being tight I have to print so many little bits I forgot, I've started cutting up A4 and running that through the printer has not jammed so far. I kid myself I am being green.

@Jim

Yes I will release it old mate as soon as I recolour the latest revision and remember which bit is from which page.
  3. barry

barry Active Member

Canopus

Just to prove I have the attention span of a gnat I can't not have one of these. The bow is simple (sort of) the aft end will be another nightmare but you have to remember the empire you know.

[​IMG]

Should not show this when Gil's posting masterpieces
  4. barry

barry Active Member

Canopus

Just to prove I have the attention span of a gnat I can't not have one of these. The bow is simple (sort of) the aft end will be another nightmare but you have to remember the empire you know.

[​IMG]

Should not show this when Gil's posting masterpieces
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Barry,

You're right, "Empire Flying Boat" has a ring to it that's hard to ignore...,

-Gil
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Barry,

You're right, "Empire Flying Boat" has a ring to it that's hard to ignore...,

-Gil
  7. barry

barry Active Member

Clipper wings and engines

Hi All

Almost the last picture folks I don't think I could build it again at the moment anyway there are a couple of "painting" errors showing which have been corrected. Bob's beautiful engines fit a treat as you can see from the pics. The only slight hitch I had is former E is just a tad too big but I was putting it into the front of the rear nacelle and I am assuming that the two floating points meet at the wing leading edge.

[​IMG]

I've added a couple of strengtheners which also act as straighteners for the rather floppy internal spanwise ribs, they are only designed for holding the dihedral of the wings.

[​IMG]

I have padded out the wing section formers to get a good glue joint. You could sand them down and add a paper strip around them. PLEASE NOTE DO NOT GLUE THE WING SURFACES TO THE SPANWISE FORMERS. The engines sort out the aerofoil.

[​IMG]

Bob's engines not built as well as they could be but winters here and the fingers are stiffening again. Please also note in this picture that there are gluing areas front and back of the wing cutout to give a grip for the wing fuselage top fairings. Because of the doubling of the rear section of the wing holder the aft former has two strips wound round it the lower one sticks forward to form the glue strip and the top one is the glue strip for the after fuselage and it must be in line with the formers edge (ie stick the first strip mark the edge with a pencil and glue to that line) The wing leading edge butts right against the bulkhead aft of the cockpit sections.

[​IMG]

Note the rather brilliant air intakes again from Bob.

I hope this lot makes sense.

@Bear

I will do that tomorrow when the brain comes on again I have had to cut down the size of files and I will repost them to the parts bin after which I will have to remove the files on my site because it is full.

best regards
  8. barry

barry Active Member

Clipper wings and engines

Hi All

Almost the last picture folks I don't think I could build it again at the moment anyway there are a couple of "painting" errors showing which have been corrected. Bob's beautiful engines fit a treat as you can see from the pics. The only slight hitch I had is former E is just a tad too big but I was putting it into the front of the rear nacelle and I am assuming that the two floating points meet at the wing leading edge.

[​IMG]

I've added a couple of strengtheners which also act as straighteners for the rather floppy internal spanwise ribs, they are only designed for holding the dihedral of the wings.

[​IMG]

I have padded out the wing section formers to get a good glue joint. You could sand them down and add a paper strip around them. PLEASE NOTE DO NOT GLUE THE WING SURFACES TO THE SPANWISE FORMERS. The engines sort out the aerofoil.

[​IMG]

Bob's engines not built as well as they could be but winters here and the fingers are stiffening again. Please also note in this picture that there are gluing areas front and back of the wing cutout to give a grip for the wing fuselage top fairings. Because of the doubling of the rear section of the wing holder the aft former has two strips wound round it the lower one sticks forward to form the glue strip and the top one is the glue strip for the after fuselage and it must be in line with the formers edge (ie stick the first strip mark the edge with a pencil and glue to that line) The wing leading edge butts right against the bulkhead aft of the cockpit sections.

[​IMG]

Note the rather brilliant air intakes again from Bob.

I hope this lot makes sense.

@Bear

I will do that tomorrow when the brain comes on again I have had to cut down the size of files and I will repost them to the parts bin after which I will have to remove the files on my site because it is full.

best regards
  9. barry

barry Active Member

Fuselage components

Hi all

The diagram below is the layout of the fuselage parts is it adequate ?

Note the aft is actually 2 major parts.

[​IMG]
  10. barry

barry Active Member

Fuselage components

Hi all

The diagram below is the layout of the fuselage parts is it adequate ?

Note the aft is actually 2 major parts.

[​IMG]
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Looks GREAT to me barry!
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Looks GREAT to me barry!
  13. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Where are the files going to be posted?

Ryan
  14. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Where are the files going to be posted?

Ryan
  15. barry

barry Active Member

Boeing is now posted to the parts bin

barry
  16. barry

barry Active Member

Boeing is now posted to the parts bin

barry
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

19. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Link broken?

Chris, when I try the link above I get a 404 not found error. And the link in your signature pointing to the jade dragon automata didn't work either.

Steve
  20. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Link broken?

Chris, when I try the link above I get a 404 not found error. And the link in your signature pointing to the jade dragon automata didn't work either.

Steve