Boeing 707-320- Lockheed Electra 10A at 1:120 scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by airbob, Nov 21, 2005.

1. airbob

airbob Member

I have designed a 1:120 scale model of the Boeing 707 that I have been working on in the last year and a half...this is a no logo bird at present....I am working on a PanAm version. You may view it and download the assembly plates at 600DPI resolution and the Lockheed Electra 10A of Ameia Earhart at my website www.clarksvegas.com/bob/gallery2/main.php Make sure that you view/download at the highest resolution to get a good copy! This is a challenge for the experienced card modeler only! The assembly of the main wingroot support box is a hoot...but I have pictures to help... The assembly diagrams are almost non existant...if anybody wants to help you are welcome...I may draw up some and scan and add them... I hope that some of you are up to the challenge...You may enlarge it since it is at a good resolution but is already big at the 1:120 scale!...for me this was a labor of love...!!! Have fun cuttin' and pastin'!
  2. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Thanks Bob! Now just maybe I'll get started again on the Lockheed Vega design that I have had on hold for several years now. This plane makes a great companion for that one.

Cecil
  3. airbob

airbob Member

Cecil,
    Great, hope you have fun building it...the flat bottom of the fuselage was a challenge...really worked the siatki program ovetime...! :smile:
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Just wondering Bob, did you design that B-2 in your gallery? If you did there is a thread asking about B-1 and B-2 bombers. If the design is yours I'm sure there is enough interest to market it.
  5. airbob

airbob Member

B-2 cardmodel

I got the plates for the B-2 from a friend and it was of very poor quality- it was asymmetric...coloring was not even close to the real thing...so I did not design this bird....but did update it extensively....contact me offlist for more details about this project! bbendorf@charter.net
  6. k5083

k5083 Member

Really nice work on that Lockheed, Bob. Many thanks for sharing.

August
  7. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The Sacred Cow

as she was known to the Canadian Airforce, hmmm...now I just need to figure out how to do the refueling pods on the wingtips and then hold my nose and build a CF-5 in the same scale...

Thanks for the model.
  8. airbob

airbob Member

Rick,
    Again this was a labor of love..as was the 707...I will up date this model for accuracy, as I have a Williams Electra 10A model on the way...and will compair it to this model...I 've never really had any good pespective views to build this bird! So I'll use the view on this to to compair with...!
  9. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi, Rick ....The CF-5 is this another designation for the F-5A Freedom Fighter? I looked forward to seeing this little supersonic beauty in model form and at this small scale!! The Philippines used to have 2 squadrons of these from late sixty's to early 80's... those were the days...Regards..

Muhammad
  10. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Cf-5 ....

Hi, Rick ....The CF-5 is this another designation for the F-5A Freedom Fighter? I looked forward to seeing this little supersonic beauty in model form and at this small scale!! The Philippines used to have 2 squadrons of these from late sixty's to early 80's... those were the days...Regards..

Muhammad
  11. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hi Muhammad,

The CF-5 was the Canadian built version of the F-5A, we didn't think much of it in the Canadian Airforce (hence my comment about holding my nose while building it). Personally I think we should have bought the Phantom.
  12. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Rick .. I hope (and my apology) this subject could be excused here. Rightly, said Canada could have opted for the more heavier fighter (like the Hornets). The FreedomFighter is/was more adapted to smaller country's airforces with a more internal threats rather than external as what have ben experienced by Philipiines in those days. I have seen this nimble fighter in action against Rebels in southern Philippines in early 70's..... I'm collecting plans, drawings for a possible Rhino project.... Best regards

Muhammad
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

This boeing 707 (included pan am) file is now available as a zip file in its entirety. I did not convert to pdf as I didnt want to take the chance of degrading the images. The download is 40 mb so consider yourself warned if this is a problem....

http://www.gutzmer.us/cardmodels/bobbendorf/707 by bob bendorf.zip

Have fun!
    Chris
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

This boeing 707 (included pan am) file is now available as a zip file in its entirety. I did not convert to pdf as I didnt want to take the chance of degrading the images. The download is 40 mb so consider yourself warned if this is a problem....

http://www.gutzmer.us/cardmodels/bobbendorf/707 by bob bendorf.zip

Have fun!
    Chris
  17. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Chris:
    I'm having trouble getting those links to work.
    Not sure why.
    Cheers!
    Jim
  18. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Chris:
    I'm having trouble getting those links to work.
    Not sure why.
    Cheers!
    Jim
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Its because after a mere 12 hours of hosting over 2 GB of bandwidth was used... I will not be able to offer it again until after the first... until then my website is down completely - also means no build pics (not that I have any new ones anyway.)
    Chris
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Its because after a mere 12 hours of hosting over 2 GB of bandwidth was used... I will not be able to offer it again until after the first... until then my website is down completely - also means no build pics (not that I have any new ones anyway.)
    Chris