Blueprint for USS Arkansas (Monitor)

Huey

Apr 9, 2004
Afghanistan
I'm planning to build a paper model of the USS Arkansas but aside from this picture, I have no other references. Was wondering if any of you guys have blueprints or diagrams of this monitor ship (cut sections, etc.) to aid me in my design. I'd appreciate all the help I can get

j77ason

Sep 3, 2004
Hi,
I have reasonable/decent plans from The Engineer or Engineering Technical Journals of that period, also lithographs of the ship and I think one or two others of that period. Plenty of plans of early American warships from the 1860's US Civil War on - it was an interest once.
I think I also have a plan from Russia which is a bit basic, but would cetainly serve to produce a reasonable model, if you were so enclined.
I also know how to make a model from the plans so could help you there, if you wanted too.
By model, I mean static scale or for radio control, like a working model, which is all I build, in card.
The above material dates back to the 1880's and as such should not be subject to copyright which they didn't have then anyway.
Could be interested in a trade of some sort - over to you - email address and follow up - in your court now.
J77ason