Blue Squirrel Click2Poster

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by lairdre, Apr 12, 2007.

1. lairdre

lairdre Member

I was wondering if any one has ever tried Blue Squirrel's Cick2Poster software for enlarging models. It seems to me it could be used for this purpose. I would mean some additonal seams, but that could be worked out.

HTTP://WWW.BLUESQUIRREL.COM
  2. paul a

paul a Member

no but i,m going to give it a shot.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I've never heard of it before but then again, I've never needed it.
    I have a Lexmark and the printer software already has this feature.

Russell
  4. paul a

paul a Member

I have a lexmark too but this program gives you a 1/2 over lap it saids so anyway. the lexmark only gives me crop lines.
  5. lairdre

lairdre Member

Overlap

I know that it has a half inch overlap, but depending on how the parts layout on the individual pages sometimes it doesn't matter. I have also used the overlap to my advantage. I lay the pages that overlap together and then cut with my knife anywere in the overlap. It gives a very nice seam that you have some control over.
  6. lairdre

lairdre Member

Overlap

I know that it has a half inch overlap, but depending on how the parts layout on the individual pages sometimes it doesn't matter. I have also used the overlap to my advantage. I lay the pages that overlap together and then cut with my knife anywere in the overlap. It gives a very nice seam that you have some control over.
  7. paul a

paul a Member

I know it was not directed to you it was directed to the lexmark person.
  8. paul a

paul a Member

I know it was not directed to you it was directed to the lexmark person.
  9. paul a

paul a Member

how big have you ever gone with this.i custom sized a 5x3 foot sheet.but am afraid to print it out. the the qualty hold up.
  10. paul a

paul a Member

how big have you ever gone with this.i custom sized a 5x3 foot sheet.but am afraid to print it out. the the qualty hold up.
  11. lairdre

lairdre Member

I have never gone more then about 4x5 sheets of paper. You can print them out individualy. Print one or two pages and see how they line up. I just tried the new Apollo CM, and had a little difficltly with the curved parts lining up correctly. I think I need to play with the overlap amount in setup.

Actually the bigger the model, the farther a way it should be view. I don't think the detail will hold up under a super big print.
  12. lairdre

lairdre Member

I have never gone more then about 4x5 sheets of paper. You can print them out individualy. Print one or two pages and see how they line up. I just tried the new Apollo CM, and had a little difficltly with the curved parts lining up correctly. I think I need to play with the overlap amount in setup.

Actually the bigger the model, the farther a way it should be view. I don't think the detail will hold up under a super big print.
  13. paul a

paul a Member

the free tryout is screwy it adds a ad right across your pages.making them useless.
  14. paul a

paul a Member

the free tryout is screwy it adds a ad right across your pages.making them useless.