blue line ac6000 locomotives

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by csiguy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. csiguy

csiguy Member

hi all

im thinking about getting a broadway-blue line ac6000 locomotive in ho scale. but i know nothing about them. i wanna get it in csx scheme. i saw i picture of one and looked very nice. anyone have one or know much about them. thanks very much.

todd
  2. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

I have had one for about a year and am very happy with it. good runner
  3. csiguy

csiguy Member

thanks for the info goger. how does the sound, sound and do the ditch lights work?
  4. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Todd, i don't have the Blueline version of that engine, but i DO have the "full blown" BLI version(second run) with QSI. It runs VERY SMOOTH, and looks FANTASTIC, GREAT detailing, and the sound is SLAP AWESOME:thumb: . the blueline version is identical except it doesn't come with DCC, and the sound might be a little different. i hope the horn on the Blueline version is the same as the "full blown" version i have, it is BAR NONE the most realistic sounding horn out of ALL the engines i have:winki: .

its a LARGE engine, don't know if it could handle 18r curves:confused: , the smallest curve i have ran it on was 22r. its very heavy, and will pull MANY cars:winki: . if you have the room to run this engine, i highly recommend getting one:thumb: .
  5. csiguy

csiguy Member

humm ok. sounds good. can u MU this units with other non sound units? not sure if im going to go dcc get with my layout. i dont know much about it. this bli unit looks sharp so i may buy it. thanks again very much for all the help.

todd
  6. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

It can handle 18" but not very well. I'd recommend no less then 22"! My two units are AWESOME, both sound great. I have one Paragon & one Blueline.
  7. csiguy

csiguy Member

finally got to run my blueline csx ac6000 the other day and you guys are right, they are for lack of a better term AWSOME!. they run great and the sound is fantastic. i plan on getting more blue line locomotives in the future . thanks again for the advice.