blue line ac6000 locomotives

csiguy

Jun 4, 2007
leechburg,pa.
hi all

im thinking about getting a broadway-blue line ac6000 locomotive in ho scale. but i know nothing about them. i wanna get it in csx scheme. i saw i picture of one and looked very nice. anyone have one or know much about them. thanks very much.

todd

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Todd, i don't have the Blueline version of that engine, but i DO have the "full blown" BLI version(second run) with QSI. It runs VERY SMOOTH, and looks FANTASTIC, GREAT detailing, and the sound is SLAP AWESOME:thumb: . the blueline version is identical except it doesn't come with DCC, and the sound might be a little different. i hope the horn on the Blueline version is the same as the "full blown" version i have, it is BAR NONE the most realistic sounding horn out of ALL the engines i have:winki: .

its a LARGE engine, don't know if it could handle 18r curves:confused: , the smallest curve i have ran it on was 22r. its very heavy, and will pull MANY cars:winki: . if you have the room to run this engine, i highly recommend getting one:thumb: .

csiguy

Jun 4, 2007
leechburg,pa.
humm ok. sounds good. can u MU this units with other non sound units? not sure if im going to go dcc get with my layout. i dont know much about it. this bli unit looks sharp so i may buy it. thanks again very much for all the help.

todd

csiguy

Jun 4, 2007
leechburg,pa.
finally got to run my blueline csx ac6000 the other day and you guys are right, they are for lack of a better term AWSOME!. they run great and the sound is fantastic. i plan on getting more blue line locomotives in the future . thanks again for the advice.