Bloody Weather

rockislandmike

As some of you may recall, my layout is in the garage - unheated, no insulation, etc. So when it's cold, forget it. Well, apparently the same holds when it's too hot as well.

Today the temp shot up to 30C (86F), tying our record from 1937!!! MUCH MUCH much too hot in the garage, it was like a sauna in there - so I spent most of the day working on the yard. Hopefully tomorrow - my wife's on a spa weekend, so it's the perfect time to concentrate on it.

PS - this after a high of only 14C (57F) on Tuesday. Blasted weather!!!!

I here a mike ,mine is going in my shed out back same thing out there as with your's was out there today cleaning it out so I can start my layout and if it gets to bad out there in goes the air contioner i have out there :p rich

Tyson Rayles

Mike I could be wrong, but I think if you don't get insulation and some form of minimal climate control you could be facing some major track warping problems down the road. :(

Drew1125

Yeah, I agree...
At least leave a few of those rail joints unsoldered, & with some room to expand, & contract.

rockislandmike

Thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind. I think I'll cover it in the winter too, that should help a bit.

It should also only be there for a couple of years until my wife and I buy a home, at which point I can move it into the basement instead...............

CarlFidy

What's wrong with this picture???

It's too hot in the garage (shade) so Mike goes and plays in the yard....

:confused: <--- sweat evaporating off Mike's forehead.

I better not say too much here, living in Oklahoma with no AC in my truck - ribbing someone else could get me in trouble!!!;)

At least the customer's I'm delivering pizza to don't have to worry about getting cold food.

Sorry Mike, its the opposite here, was very hot last week but on these days off it has gone back to rain and cool right now it is only 14 deg C (58 F) so with it raining out have time to work on the layout today for a while. Watch it turn nice tomorrow when I go back to work. Ron.

Vic

Its Gone Nuts!!!

The weather has simply "gone nuts"....We're in the 3rd year of a major drought here in SW Georgia:eek: and the temperatures are all over the place!!!:eek: The only good thing about it is that I'm now only having to mow "Hell's Half Acre" :D once a month instead of twice a week:D :D :D :p

PS: Mike....87 degrees....that's a blizzard down here:D :D :D Try 99 degrees with 80% humidity...now that's HOT!!!:D :D :D