Blog review of Fiddler's Green New England structures

Thanks, Loren. :) I've checked the Scalescenes website and the pictures of the models really impressed me. But after checking 2 of the models, I found they are in the OO scale and N scale. Can the OO scale model be modified to HO? Judging from the pictures, the models probably look better than those from Fiddler's Green. I got a good deal, though, from the discounted price from Fiddler's Green when I bought the whole New England set.

Did you experience fitting problems? Or did the paper models fit well? :)

Nomad

Mike, you are right. They are oo or n scale:eek:. When I bought mine there was also ho scale. I sent them an e-mail to find out why.

Loren

Nomad

reply from Scalescenes

I received a reply to my e-mail to Scalescenes.
He said sales to U.S. people were low so he was phasing that section out. Now we would have to rescale.
Bummer:cry:

Loren

If I'm not mistaken, the OO scale is only a little larger than HO scale. If the models were in PDF, I guess one just has to zoom out a little. It would be nice if the Scalescenes website recommended a way of turning their OO models to HO.

Which Scalescenes model did you build? :) I like the big buildings (corner shop, terraced houses). They look pretty challenging to build. Or are they easy to build?

Nomad

Mike, I built the factory-warehouse and the storage tanks. Here's a thread showing the warehouse.
http://forum.zealot.com/t152195/
To me, the buildings were fairly easy. The worst party was laminating all the layers. But that was not hard, just monotonous. I like the buildings, and you can make them all different sizes and widths to fit the location. And the fact you can build as many as you want, once you buy the plans.

Loren

Nomad

Artdecko, maybe it is just me, but I feel that if I am paying money for a building, be it styrene or card, I should be able to start construction, not hassle with trying to rescale the plans.
My rant for the day.

Loren

I've checked your warehouse, and I never realized how big that card model was! I think it will take 1/4 of my 8'x4' layout. Btw, did you customize the model(ie: mega-size it)? I do like your build and the way you saved money by printing on 20 lbs. paper.

Nomad

You can make the building any size you want. If you look at my building again, at the walls between the upright buttress's, each " wall " is a panel that you make separately then assemble the whole thing into whatever size building you want. That way, the building can be as short, wide, high, low or long as you want.
Btw, my kit also came with plans for a powerhouse and smoke stack that I didn't use.

Loren