Blizzard

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
About a couple feet of snow along with 50mph+ winds here.We had white out conditions all day yesterday,but of course the kids loved getting a couple extra days off school.

Chris

joesho

Apr 29, 2006
surrey bc canada
good ol timmy

RobertInOntario said:
Well, I woke up early this morning and thought, boy the house is cold! and then realized that the power was out. Apparently it went out around 1:30 a.m. and is still out (as of 10:25 a.m.). I told my wife that we can't use the TV, nor the computer, and I can't even run my trains -- she smirked at that and then apologized for laughing! At least I can work on my scenery!!

I drove in to work and am there now. Most traffic lights were out, but the main roads weren't bad at all. This storm has really affected the Greater Toronto Area. At least Tim Horton's was open! I guess I'll work something like a half day, drive home, and hope the power comes back on. So far, it's not too cold just yet.

Rob
yup tim hortons, always reliable:wave: :thumb: :D sign1 :rolleyes:

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
CRed said:
About a couple feet of snow along with 50mph+ winds here.We had white out conditions all day yesterday,but of course the kids loved getting a couple extra days off school.

Chris

Yes, we also had high winds & whiteouts last night too but we only got about 4-5" of new snow in Toronto. So far, this is quite an adventure for our kids too (i.e., going around the house with flashlights because there's no power, no school, lots of snow, etc.)! Rob

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Yeah so i woke up yesterday morning and the power was still on, yeay. I checked the road conditions and they were still either travel not advised or closed. Basically the whole northwest side of Iowa was in the red (travel not advised) for more than 24 hrs. Yesterday it wasnt because of snow falling but snow drifting and whiteout conditions. I tried calling work a couple times but didnt hear the answering machine system pick up so i figured the power was out so i decided the roads werent good enough anyway. Unfortunately someone came by to bring me to work:rolleyes: So we spent all morning digging out 4' snow drifts to the equipment and other walkways. Also made a 30 minute drive north and east to help shovel someone out of their driveway. About halfway up we noticed a Scion ((box on wheels) license plate LCHBOX) was stuck in the middle of the road. As we got up to it, a couple guys on a 4 wheeler came up to dig it out with a metal ramp piece. We decided to help since the guy i was riding with had a 4wd truck. The afternoon was spent calling everyone in the unit to say we weren't working this weekend. We were under a blizzard warning from 9am thurs - 6am this morning. So needless to say it has been an interesting couple of days.
Jake

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
We woke up t about half an inch of snow on the ground this morning.
Now it's gone. It's only 26 degrees out there so I'm guessing this God awful wind got it.

LocoIndy76

Jan 6, 2007
Greenfield, In
Cannonball said:
We woke up t about half an inch of snow on the ground this morning.
Now it's gone. It's only 26 degrees out there so I'm guessing this God awful wind got it.

We got about a half inch overnight here as well, but it is now all gone... It has been "flurrying" all day, but to windy to stick! The wind here has been BRUTAL for 2 days! I drive a flatbed so strapping down has been a real interesting task!!!!! Nothing like throwing a strap and having it come flying back in you face! :curse: It's still better than the last few weeks.... Finally all the snow is gone... I had about 12-15" in the yard and 3-4' piles along the drive and road.....

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
LocoIndy76 said:
We got about a half inch overnight here as well, but it is now all gone... It has been "flurrying" all day, but to windy to stick! The wind here has been BRUTAL for 2 days! I drive a flatbed so strapping down has been a real interesting task!!!!! Nothing like throwing a strap and having it come flying back in you face! :curse: It's still better than the last few weeks.... Finally all the snow is gone... I had about 12-15" in the yard and 3-4' piles along the drive and road.....
I honestly want to go out in a long overcoat and see if I can get myself airborne.
:D