BLI M1a derails

intraining

:confused: Well--------I just got my Broadway limited M1a and ran it on my Dc set up. Sound was great, but it derails backing up on straight track and derails on atlas snap switches,(code 100) when the switch leg is in the opposite position. It even deralis ( less often when going over the switch(turnout) in the straight mode. I also have an old rivarossi challenger with rp 25 wheels and it just does fine on my layout and has for years.Is there a problem with BLI and this loco or do I have a deffective unit. Your opionions and help will be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Jon

theBear

Check the wheel gauge, the track gauge, and the wheel flange depth.

I could be that a combination of those three are a little off and combined causes the problem and that your old loco and track may just happen to fit together fine.

When in doubt run in circles, scream and shout ..... and remember to keep it gauged .... or is it remember to keep your stick on the ice .... or as eighty eight says use a larger hammer
thumbsup.gif
wink.gif

richhotrain

A few months ago, I purchased a BLI 4-8-4 with the same results as you are experiencing. I never figured out the problem, but I returned it to my dealer. My track gauge was fine and all of my other engines ran OK. In hindsight, I suspect that the wheel flange depth was the problem. Any solution to a faulty wheel flange depth problem, other than replacing the wheels which can be an expensive chore on an engine.