Blessings of the State... Lola T70 from THX 1138

RocketmanTan

Now don't get me wrong, I dislike most of George Lucas's cinematic 'style' as much as the next guy - hell, Plinkett's prequel reviews are some of my favorite videos out there - but I'll admit that early-Lucas did show promise....

While a lot of cinephiles may be on the fence about THX 1138, I certainly enjoyed it. It may not be the most polished example of cinema, but you have to admit its core concept is very intriguing - a dystopian society where the common citizen really is nothing more than a cog in the machine, therapists are just as bland and unfeeling as the policemen that robotically patrol the endless white hallways - Lucas really did have something going between the color motifs and worldbuilding.

For those who have seen the movie, the end car scene is no doubt one of the more memorable sequences of the film (despite being all Lucas'd up in the 'special edition' or whatever the hell Lucas titled the re-release), and with the Police androids being such a recognizeable element of the film, I figured I'd model the police cruiser from the film (despite the fact that, ironically, the actual police are using motorbikes in the chase while THX himself has hijacked the police cruiser).

Anyways, parts have just been drawn up, so have two crappy screenshots. I'll be posting build pics when I start tomorrow (hopefully).

OQkRIlb.png

IJqyKDu.png

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
great movie! besides the talking medicine cabinet-''whats wrong?'',.....the car is probably the coolest thing in the movie, great idea!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Nice looking car, but Lola, Chaparral, Jaguar and some M.G.'s will never look good in paper because without the curves, they just don't cut it. Ironically, a couple of years later, Lola came out of with a car that looked just like what you made!?!

1981_Michelotti_Lola_Ultimo_06+2.jpg

Original THX Lola:

THX Car1.jpg 1967_lola_t70_mkiii_thx_1138 .jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Yep...unfortunately, I'm not *that* good yet to make a properly curvy Lola, hahaha

Without wet forming, no amount of talent could bring the curves needed. I do like your model, and as a car, it stands on it's own.