Blender unwrapping script

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Czestmyr, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

I really like this script. Unfortunately, it doesn't cut where you want it. Maybe I'll just have to play with it some more.
  2. Arjun

Arjun Member

That script is unusually tough to control on a monolithic model! I have already deconstructed the model- if I unfold, will I get all unfolds at the same relative size (if you get what I'm talking about) when I run it? And will I be able to save my textures?
  3. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

I've finally worked out some of the kinks, and this script is really handy! If you take your model apart (highly recommended) before unfolding, be sure that each piece is the same scale. I've had tiny pieces unfold into large ones, which really threw me off before I figured out what was happening.

Some unfolds are not perfectly flat, so it still helps to use Pepakura. I also discovered that the unfolds contained a ton of duplicate vertices, possibly duplicate objects occupying the exact same space.
  4. Arjun

Arjun Member

I made one model using the Paperizer script here and there's one more coming up (a redeco/repaint of that one) in time. No problems at all here, but I've separated the model into several basic meshes. Duplicate vertices are not a problem when the meshes are unfolded- you just have to drag everything within the paper borders (create borders before saving) and you can then save multiple unfolds in the same SVG file.