Blastin' out of the tunnel!

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Thanks, Ralph. I know I'm pushing the limit with those 1/4 watt 470 ohm resistors but those death beams are too cool. All my decoder equipped lokeys have them.:thumb:

Mike Hamer

Mar 5, 2006
While I wouldn't call this "Blastin' out of the Tunnel" ...these two Maine Central geeps have just exited the tunnel and arrived North Dover NH on my layout. The crew will pass the station tracks and exchange traffic with the B&M on one of the sidings in town. This scene is reminiscent of a similar one found at Bellows Falls, Vt where a tunnel is located below a main street in town! Lots of fun!

Attachments

• mec geeps tunnel from phillips.JPG
    mec geeps tunnel from phillips.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 78

Mike Hamer

Mar 5, 2006
Hey Miles...it's not the people in the buildings who should be covering their ears. It's all those commuters awaiting a later passenger train, #11 "The East Wind" who should take care!

In fact, there is a slow order restriction for all trains passing through the tunnel, so this Maine Central freight is actually at a crawl as it approaches the station platform.

Indeed, a tunnel in the middle of the town is a rather unusual scene, and the B&M had one...so I had to have one on my layout as well! :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• mec geeps tunnel station approach from above.JPG
    mec geeps tunnel station approach from above.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 62
L

lester perry

Nice man I am thinking about doing a city scene in my expansion coming up
Les

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Neat shots Mike! Yeah, I'd hope there'd be a slow order coming out of a tunnel so close to the downtown! "Blastin' out" would not be recommended! :)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great pics, everybody! :thumb:

Hope it's OK if I get in on this one...
Here's one from my old N scale layout...
Oct. 1931...
A coal train blasts out of the Miller's Hil Tunnel, & crosses the Catt's Creek Bridge, hauling empties back up to the coal fields...

Attachments

• millershill1bw.jpg
    millershill1bw.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 76

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Drew1125 said:
:

Hope it's OK if I get in on this one...

You bet its OK Drew! :thumb: Everyone's invited to share a portal pic. :) I'm glad you posted one from your old layout. I've always liked those shots! :thumb:
Ralph

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
a shot from doctorwayne's

hello ralph---hope you don't mind if i add a recent shot from wayne's world

31052006032.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Why in the world don't you put some of these pictures you take into the photo contests????????

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
better sized shot

hello ralph---having some difficulties with oversizing,hopefully this scene is a bit better than the last post

31052006038.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Looks great CN nutbar!

Hanging around the tunnel provided a chance to see a trio of F units (one a former NH and the others NYC) blast out with a mixed freigth in tow. The lead unit is a bit road weary with artists chalks. :)

Attachments

• tunnel 2.jpg
    tunnel 2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 47