Blastin' out of the tunnel!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I haven't posted a picture in a while except for the photo contests and I have some shots from my latest roll of film. Here's pair of Geeps emerging from a tunnel just outside of West Mill Jct. The lead engine wears the rare orange C logo that apparently was a nod to the inclusion of the New Haven into the PC.

The tunnel needs a better looking liner inside so I photo-edited it black behind the locos. Just another thing to take care of on the long list of layout improvements! :)

Anyone else have a tunnel shot? :wave:
Ralph

Attachments

• tunnel.jpg
    tunnel.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 425
L

lester perry

Ralf I think you are N scale if that is the case I am impressed with all your stuff. I could not do it TOO SMALL for me to work with. I am impressed any way but especially in N.
Les

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks guys. Lester, its actually HO. I admire N scalers for their ability to create terrific work with items my less-than-nimble fingers could manage!

I don't have any more pics of the tunnel area but did take some other layout shots I plan to post in other threads eventually.

I'm hoping pictures of tunnels from other layouts might appear here! :)
Ralph

UP SD40-2

Ralph, hoping for a couple tunnel shots eh? not a great shot, but one off an N scale layout my father and i had in his basement. we tore it down 4 months ago and started a new HO layout for him. dads 67, and N scale is just to hard for him to handle now. **you cant tell from the picture, but if you take aluminum foil and paint it rock color, place it inside the tunnel, really turns out looking GREAT!:thumb: just a cheap tip you might want to try.;) :D View attachment 26904

Attachments

• UP lashup.JPG
    UP lashup.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 351

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
There ya go! Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I like the aluminum foil idea. Right now I have some grey foam board that looks OK but comes out blue when photographed.
Ralph

L

lester perry

OK this is the only tunnel pic I have and I think it was posted before.
000_0046.jpg

I will try to get more tunnel pics.
Les

chessie4155

Eastbound blasting out of tunnel#2 and crossing Quicks cut.
I really need to finish the scenery here..:eek:ops:

Attachments

• 936.JPG
    936.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 294

BrianK

Not really the tunnel shot you would expect... but why not :D

Attachments

• 2662_tunnel.jpg
    2662_tunnel.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 125

N_CSX_HO_CPRAIL

My first attempt at posting a pic.
A couple of CP Rail geeps coming out of the tunnel on the club portatble layout.

Attachments

• CPs1.jpg
    CPs1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 118

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
First attempt worked real well! :) Nice pic. Did you take it outside? The lighting looks very natural.
Ralph