Blank uncolored paper models ?

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Hello and good day everyone. I just wanted to send out a quick question. Does anyone have a direction thye could point me, to find paper models that have not been colored, and are just the line work, leaving the builder to color by hand or however?
I would like to find a good few pages or several models of SCI-FI, and Aviation, and Big Rigs, or Cars.
I would really like to be able to print off some of the really cool Star Trek ships or any Sci Fi, with just the line work, so that I can take them to work and have the people I take care of, color them, and "build" them up, to display in their rooms.
Any help or pointing in direction of, would be great.
My own computer is dead dead dead, and had i not been saving files to my auxilliary drive, I would have lost some really great projects...so with that said, I am now again only using my lady's computer, and she doesnt have any kind of programs that would let me remove coloring anyways, so I need to find ones where they are designed that way.
Thanks again everyone for your help. Cory.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Sometimes the style you are looking for is called "vanilla style". Maybe this gives you some google search reults. There is a vanilla version of the Firefly from "Serenity" out there (a very big one):

Second, you could look for *.pdo Pepakura files. When you open the file with Pepakura viewer go to "View" and uncheck "Use Material for Faces". The texture is no longer displayed and the model parts are printed in white only.

pep1.jpg

This link takes you to the Tamasoft Pepakura Gallery:
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/galleryindex.html

Third, if akit comes a *.pdf you may try to import it in a vector graphic program such as InkScape or CorelDRAW and recolour it (turn all colours to white except for the lines).

Marman

Jan 12, 2014
Wilmington, NC
Thank you for asking this question. It was on my mind, but i wasn't sure how to ask it. I'm actually going to utilize the info on a project I partially printed and almost gave up on.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Do not get rid of your hard drive. You may be able to slave it, possible, to your "Lady's" computer through a USB dongle, and get all the files off of it. I wish you guys lived close to me, I repair computers all the time. If you have any further questions about the technical computer issues, P.M. me. :)

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Thank you all for your responses and help. I appreciate it. I had the pepakura opener on the PC that just hit the runway with no landing gear recently, and I used it a few times but didnt know that about the option of how to make it just a linework model with no textures. Thank you for that heads up. I appreciate that a lot. :)
Zathros, thank you for telling me about that. i didnt even know that is an option. I sent you a PM about it. :)

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Okay so as of this week so far, I have managed to get two different people at work to do their own coloring treatments on a U.S.S. Enterprise NC 1701 Originally designed by Ron Caudillo, with the original color stripped out.
I have a few other stripped models I will be tackling as well, but those will be on a lrger "studio scale prop" size format. The Enterprise was one i just stumbled on and decided to tackle off the cuff as ones to do for them to call their own individually...the one i have in mind for the studio scale "filming prop" size couple, will be after these are done. i will post pics later tonight of progress so far.

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Excellent. I didnt realize that. Thats great and I will definitely utilize those then. Thank you very much Cforrest.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Is there a particular Genre your are looking for? It gets to the point where you get quite a collection, and building up libraries for other people "ain't my ting, man". :) SO what are you looking for in particular?

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Hello Zathros and all. At the moment I want to say a GIGANTIC and HUGE thank you to every one of you for how much you've helped expand the choices I have to work with.
Off the top of my head, and after a few discussions with those of my friends who are actively currently coloring the pages of the models I have given them, the common and most talked about topics are currently The USS Enterprise and Buck Rogers ships...and then Large trucks like logging trucks and earth moving rigs, Race cars. One of the guys is ALL about Indy Racing. And Animals...cats dogs, birds..birds..did i mention birds? and Trains.
Of course as projects are finished and Im able to show more options to them, they will become increasingly excited and so that will fuel the ability to utilize more genres and options that are being made available.
But for now, I would say those are the topics of interest that get the eyes sparkling.
One friend, who has CP, told me one day that she LOVES the Lamborghini Countach from the 80s. I told her the LP 400 is nice and classic, but the 25th anniversary editon had a really much more updated and more fluid lines where the countach was concerned. I showed her THAT version as she was pretty much done shopping.
I dont even know if ANY paper models of that 25th anniversary edition even exist...with the added feature lines and the change in profile and directional vanes in the intakes etc.
If that exists, it woukd be a GREAT build.
Let me also add, that level of difficulty is a non issue. The models can be simplified design ones, or they can be high complexity, or anywhere in between.
I dont mind either way...I will put my best effort into making each one, the best and sturdiest it can be, so they can call it their own.
At some point I would like to take a model of the B-17 or a PBY-5 Catalina, color stripped, and have it blown up to a pretty good size, so that the wingspan is about 3 or 4 feet, and have it printed onto poster board, have it be a big community coloring project and build it up. and hang it from the ceiling.
There's a part of the ceiling that is vaulted there, so it might look good there. That's also on the books for Ron's 1/350 Enterprise and a Studio scale size build of the BR Thnderfighter.
Let me reassure everyone... This IS being worked on and active...there will be lulls in posting progress from time to time though, as it's just a sample of the logs in the fires i have going in day to day.
I know we're all too familiar with that. :)

Last edited: