Blank Uncolored Models.....and so it begins.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
The Viper is still in drydock. Patience, Starbuck, enjoy your shore leave..! ;)

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Spaceagent-9, I am super overwhelmed about this. I just want everyone who is actively standing up and joining in the ever growing gift this has become, to know, that you are ALL each and everyone, inserting yourselves into the lives of People with developmental disabilities, who will have yet another avenue for expanding their creative impetus and being allowed to express and enjoy new avenues of self expression. You have all become valuable participants in their lives. They may not know it, but each and every rain drop, can take joy to know that they were a HUGE part of a plant growing and bearing new flower and fruit.
This has got to be one of the best examples I have witnessed recently,of how one small seed sown in good soil with God given intent, can and will grow exponentially and will be blessed beyond measure.
I cant say a hundred times how this touches a huge part of my heart and how I am definitely going to utilize and contribute how and wherever possible to this....I am going to be pretty busy for awhile with just the building alone of the colored pages I have already gotten from a few at work.
That said, a handful of the other timbers i had in the fire, will be relegated to the back burner, and these are taking precedence now.
I can say for sure that a few of the other model types that would be happily tackled by some of my friends (what i will refer to them as from here on out, as thats what they are) at work, are animals like Birds cats dogs horses etc...but not limited by any means to those, cars like Indy circuit cars and street rods, any race car types old and contemporary, and trucks, both normal civilian types and lARGE earth moving and logging types...airplanes helicopters and space..bothe real space and sci-fi/fantasy.
I know somewhere in my files I got the Sikorsky sky crane from over at FG awhile back, and I would like to strip the color from that one and utilize it for a friend named Mark, who's family owned a cedar logging company in Idaho.
I'm not sure however what the policy of the guys over at FG is, on doing this. It would just be for Mark and I wouldn't distribute those blank or recolored pages UNLESS the staff over at FG gave the okay.
Also...I've heard people mention about using mouse paint to strip color. I tried that and I dont know what im doing or what Im missing, but I wasnt able to make that work..at least not like i think its supposed to be able to be done.
This is really awesome and thank you ALL. :)))

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Anything from Fiddler's Green is their property and cannot be distributed, or altered in anyway, without their permission. It does not mean you cannot design your own though. You can also ask them. I do not know what their policy on this is. Their models are so pirated, it has made their business virtually worthless, IMHO. That really sucks, and again is why I have so much respect for those who make and release models, and do my best to try and stop it. I don't produce models or this reason though. I help others make theirs, but I have a mental block about someone stealing what I design, and putting their name on it, so I offer up what I can, help, time moderating this forum. I have probably 25 or 30 models that are nearly ready to be released but they won't see the light of day. Maybe someday. It will have to start with one, a couple of people, then spread it out. This is the most recent one (Pics Below) I am almost finished with (80% done). I still have that mental block though. This is as it appeared on the series, not a "re-imagining" of it, (Laura's Viper).

sl1.jpg stl4.jpg F4.jpg stL2.jpg

Last edited:

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Zathros. Thank you for the info on FGs models. Yes....they are rediculously pirated, and I have no desire to step on ANYOnes toes.....not even the mutant small toe toenail that some have no respect for.... I have no idea what that means other than a comical mental image BUT i do mean im not going to to tread anywhere near doing anything that even looks eye brow raising. I appreciate so hugely, all that is being done by all of those contributing help, advice and models....all of it; that Im going to stay within the lines...because heavens knows there is more than enough to keep very busy with all that is already available from all of you. Thank you ALL. :)

Reactions: Revell-Fan

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I was thinking that for the coloring, if the pieces were white, and all the space was black, it might make it easier to color with markers and also for cutting out after. the ink would be gone fast though.