Blank slate

guppyman

I have been given the go ahead to take over a 12' x 12' room for my new layout. I am exstatic.... well I was... I have no clue what to do with it.

I am in N-scale. I want continuous running. I want a continer port/yard... I want a mountainous section that a seperate "museum line" will run. Past that.... I sit and look at possibilities and draw a blank.

Anyway... The room is approximatley 12' x 12'... an inward opening door in the southwest corner, 2 windows 1 each on the north and east walls... (no concern about the windows.... they'll probably end up covered over.)

Anybody want to play with the space available and help me with ideas in the process?

shamus

Registered Member
Hiya Guppyman,
Here's a plan that I did in N-scale in just about that room size. I have some photo's of it if needed.

pl3.jpg

Shamus

guppyman

Thanks Shamus....

I seem to remember you saying you leave some space at the back of your layout for access. If my memory is correct.... How much do you leave... How badly does that make the room feel crowded... and what kind of visual effects does that have with space between the layout and the background?

shamus

Registered Member
Hi,
space behind the layout was 1'-2" just enough to get down whilst doing the scenery. visual effect couldn't be better as the backscene looked miles away.

Never ever looked crowed to me or anyone else that came over.

Shamus
waver.gif