Blades Of Chaos

voltron5

I posted this one over at papermodelers and just realized I hadn't posted it here:rolleyes:

While I sloowly build my Omega Spawn model before I release it (fixing any errors) I decided to start on something a little different, The blades of Chaos from God Of War Playstation video games.
I couldn't really find much reference material for this one on the net except for photos of the life-size replica made by United Cutlery. Any comments or criticisms are appreciated. The last pic is just to show the stand, the textures on the sword have changed since the screenshot was taken.
69599323.png

30617506.png

52223759.png

voltron5

I think I will call the textures done and start the unfold on this. I am not 100% happy with the way it turned out but if anything I learned some new stuff that hopefully I can apply in the next model and improve. The length of the model will be 20.39in. which is maybe an inch shorter than the replica made by united cutlery(had to scale down a bit to fit page) in the second screen cap(top right) you can see how the blade inserts into the entire body of the handle making for a stronger connection, also the vertical parts for the stand will slide through holes cut into the top and glue to the bottom of the stand to eliminate any lateral flexing. I will have a clean blade version, I just used the bloody version for the screencaps. Enough jibber jabber on with the pic.

*edit* sorry for the huge pic size.

dones.png

V5 when your Blade and Spawn are ready for a test build ! Send a way i just got a brand new printer !! :) The smell of ink in the morning " LOL "

voltron5

V5 when your Blade and Spawn are ready for a test build ! Send a way i just got a brand new printer !! :) The smell of ink in the morning " LOL "

OH! Sorry I forgot about sending you the Spawn model. LOL Busy with the kids. I'll try to get it sent to you this afternoon.

voltron5

Got this built for the most part this weekend. Need to make the teeth for the skull, the chain links , the stand, and the instructions then I can get it released. Couple of pics.

77587287.jpg

36760895.jpg

51393978.jpg

56024654.jpg

60155763.jpg

83664730.jpg

80543442.jpg

54446431.jpg

89152298.jpg

33881120.jpg

62057905.jpg

brashsculptor

brashsculptor
blade build

I had a piece of plastic "chain" left over from last Halloween that looks perfect on this! I will have to rebuild part of the grip though, I warped it while working with the chain attachment.