Blackburn Buccaneer S Mk.2B 1/72 Revell - WIP

JanMarciniak

Ok. Let's get this started... At the same begining I'm warning You that it's going to be long building thread.
Lot of scratchbuilding will happen ;) so please keep Your fingers crossed.
Now lets get to the point :)
I've started with seats :)
seat_finished.jpg
seat_finished_02.jpg
And I think it was that easier part. Now it's time to start making cockpit... or wheel wells... or landing gear... or something else.
Hope You like it ;)
Cheers

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's a model in itself. Have you ever made a copy of a plastic model into paper, then greebled it to life. That seat, around 8 inches tall, would be an excellent subject. :)

JanMarciniak

Sorry Guys but I warned You it will be a long build...
Cockpit works reached moment when have to be stopped until fuselage halfs will be glued together.
Now it's time for nose wheel well.
As I will be working on it I would like You to help me out in deciding how this little guy should look. Model comes without any wing payload pylons and closed bomb bay. There are no stencils just few decals for Gulf war era plane. As such I don't feel oligated to make it just as producer suggests. So... What camo theme would You like to see? and what payload if any would You like to see on it ?
And now cockpit pics ;)
cockpit_01.jpg cockpit_02.jpg
Cheers ;)

JanMarciniak

That's a model in itself. Have you ever made a copy of a plastic model into paper, then greebled it to life. That seat, around 8 inches tall, would be an excellent subject. :)

Well I havent even try... But as far I'm getting into scale I'm starting to dream about 1/72 paper battleship ;) Plane elements such as seats are great constructions and for sure would be great subjects as independent models :) but for this moment I try as much as I can avoid "long term projects". That's why I dont build paper models now.

As fusealge halfs are glued together I'm slowly starting to scribe panel lines. Damn it's hard for newbie...
For final look I decided to go with "arctic camouflage". It's bit exotic and should nicely popup on shelf as well as I can use pinup decal on other model in future ;)

ef960bd9acbfb100fdfbcdd9210723ac.jpg

JanMarciniak

That rotary bay compartment gave this craft a very very long life. :)

I cant disagree with You. Rotating bay is very cleaver piece of enginering :) I'm still scribing lines on fuselage. It's my second approach. Firts I was very unsatisfied with effects. Second... I'm still unsatisfied but I reached limits of my patience. No matter how gentle I'm this plastic is hard and have tendencies for chipping. I start to think that not only his forms are dated 1974... :D But enought complaining. I hope that till weekend fusalege will be scribed and riveted so I can get back to cockpit works.

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Try getting a Machinist File kit. The work really good for this kind of detailing, and as they file, not cut, they give you more control, they have a very fine edge and by lightly filing you can create a finished surface. (cheap at Harbor Freight). :)

JanMarciniak

At last. Cockpit is finished. Now it's time for masking and mounting canopy. Theres still lot of details to make on fuselage but I hope that this stage will be finished this weekend... ant then I will proceed to another suicidal mission of "fixing" wings, engines, landing gear wells... I think it will be the longest plastic model build I've made yet.
Zathros I will try to get Machinist File kit ;) it should work well better than scalpel ;)

24232625_1962919417329375_5727748418152745340_n.jpg

BTW. Theres some issue with photos uploading. Let me know when it will be fixed so I can upload this one directly to server ;)