black rail track

Pooh Bah
Is that really old track or a new set? It looks as if it may have weathered to that colour over the years.

Marxed

60103 said:
Is that really old track or a new set? It looks as if it may have weathered to that colour over the years.

it's a old set... but the track is perfect and conducts electricity just as good as my newer track

Pooh Bah
There are products (Hobby Black is one) that will chemically change metals to a black colour. They may or may not conduct electricity, depending on what you read.

ezdays

Out AZ way
They just look very oxidize to me and could cause the engines to run a bit sluggish if they are. I'd take one and see if it will clean up easily. It couldn't be paint and it probably isn't annodizing either.

Marxed

ezdays said:
They just look very oxidize to me and could cause the engines to run a bit sluggish if they are. I'd take one and see if it will clean up easily. It couldn't be paint and it probably isn't annodizing either.

the engine runs prefectly on the tracks, just as good as my new lionel track, not the slightest hit of sluggishness

i'm gonna try and maybe take a piece up and examine it closer later