Bit of House Kit-Bashing

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Jan 26, 2001
Canyon City, Oregon, USA
http
Here are some houses that I put together using the Reese Street Row Houses kit by Grandt Line. The kit is supposed to make three houses. With a few extra pieces from my scrap box I was able to make five houses. I expect to use these buildings on the Telocaset module on my layout.

Attachments

• mvc-025s.jpg
    mvc-025s.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 225

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Hey Upguy
That is the kind of modeling I like. They are solid houses in good shape, but showing the wear of years. I say THAT is realistic modeling and the look that I want to go for. Squeaky clean stuff just don't happen in the real world, unless you go for mansions. Keep up the good work, and more pics.

Lynn

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Those are some nice little houses, upguy!:cool:
Sometimes we model railroaders get so busy building our stations, coaling towers, water tanks, & industries, that we can lose sight of the fact that residential structures are prominent in many scenes.
Those are charming little places...(don't forget the picket fence, & tree with a tire swing...:) )
Very nice work!

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Don't Be Afraid

Tyson, Have no fear of the Grandt Line building kits:D :eek: They are really "top drawer":D :D I've built several of them. They're 100% styrene.

In fact, if you will just open the package and let them sit for a few days they will "build" themselves!!!:D :D :D :D