Billboards

Play-Doh

Being stuck without room for my layout, im still plowing full steam ahead with my scratchbuilding of structures.

However I would like to take a break from buildings and scratchbuild some Billboards.

This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know what some common business were advertising around 1930-1945?

Anyone have any scratchbuilt billboard pics? Id love to see them!

Thanks
TJ

That's easy...

Plenty of advertisements you can put up, like car makers that are no longer around but were in business back then.

Railroads were also pretty big billboard advertisers back then, considering that they are the primary means of long distance travel.

Products like Coca Cola also advertise back then. Imagery of their ads from that period should be easy to find.

Then there are the big no-noes today but were prevalent in yesteryears-- Cigarette ads.

Plenty of possibilities you can explore, yep..

Play-Doh

LongIslandTom said:
That's easy...

Plenty of advertisements you can put up, like car makers that are no longer around but were in business back then.

Railroads were also pretty big billboard advertisers back then, considering that they are the primary means of long distance travel.

Products like Coca Cola also advertise back then. Imagery of their ads from that period should be easy to find.

Then there are the big no-noes today but were prevalent in yesteryears-- Cigarette ads.

Plenty of possibilities you can explore, yep..

Thank you! Im off to create some, ill report back with the finished product!

Play-Doh

Kurt, thanks for the pics...very cool!

kirkendale said:
Play-Doh I found this site from a different thread. http://www.craftsmankits.com/FREESTUFF/billboard.htm
Follow the "free stuff" link at the bottom for more selections.

I love it! I will certainly use some of these. Ive allready started with a UP logo billboard and one for my fictional logging company that says "Kelso Timber, we work for you!" Ill post pics as soon as they are done.

Thanks everyone
TJ