Bigg E. Whiggs Railcar

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
Bigg E. Whiggs, the CEO of my Georgetown Gilpin & Bergen Park RR requested a special railcar for touring the rail lines between Georgetown through the Giplin territory to Bergen Park. This railcar is quite a departure from my normal bashing/scrachbuilding as this one will be pristine, not weathering, etc. as Bigg E. wants to travel in style. This is a 1:18.1 scale die cast 1920 Cleveland Roaster. Being of small nature, it fits well with my 1:20.3 items. Two 1:20.3 figures fit snuggly in the passenger compartment. It will be powered with a Mabuchi can motor through a functional driveshaft to a 1251 NWSL gearbox. Rear journals are 1:20.3 sprung Ozarks, the front truck is a 1:29.1 USA archbar and the wheels are Brandbright Tenmile curved spoked wheels. Headlamps, etc. will be powered with contant lighting. More photos as we progress.

Your feedback is always welcomed.

Thanks,

Marc

Attachments

• bigg e. whiggs railcar.jpg
    bigg e. whiggs railcar.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 238

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
Mark,

It looks like the brass hat is going to be traveling in style. You've got a good looking model there. :thumb: Even though I model in HO, I think that you have an interesting project going. Keep us posted on your progress.

George

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
Stylin" :)

Thanks for the Kudos all!!

More photos to follow. I'll post some photos of the logging truck I finished a couple of years ago. The logging truck placed 1st in the NCR NMRA Convention in Grand Rapids, MI last year and has won several other awards. The logging truck is going to Detroit next year for the Narrow Gauge Convention.

Marc