Big thanks to Don (aka EZ)

S 3/6

Apr 28, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
homepage.mac.com
Just got back for Don's house today with my German Marklin locomotive which need a way to convert 18 V AC to 12 V DC for a fan (I use it to keep the main electronics cool for out door G scale track).

Don sat at his work bench (an impressive set up), and proceded to manufacture a component from various parts, installed it and bang! It worked as advertised! Being an Electrical Engineer, it doesn't surprise me that he can do this, but not charging me for it was something only good friends do for each other.

Thanks Don!

BTW, this man's time is worth a lot per hour, as he made his living (and a rather nice one from what I can see) custom building parts for government and private agencies.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Don, I had the pleasure of you trying to help me once too, unfortunately we were not as not as lucky at tracking down what I needed but I definately DID appreciate the effort, and all while you were just about to move. Thanks Pat

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thank you Sam, it really wasn't that much, especially since I had the parts sitting there anyway. The opportunity to spend a bit of time with another Gauger, show off my stuff and do some good in the process, was well worth the time spent. :thumb:

And thank you Pat, sorry I couldn't help, but did you ever find what you were looking for?

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Don, I did find a place I could buy the sagebrush armetures and got a couple from a friend California, but I guess they are not easy to come by. If someone sees this and has some they could spare, drop me a line I'd be really greatful, Pat.