Big Nor'easter fixin' to kick our butts tonight...

Zman

It's already shut down New York.

I've got the hatches battened down and the canned soup piled up in the cellar.

I just dont' know where I'm going to put all the dancing girls for the night.

hooknlad

The Snow blower fired up first shot - 18 inches. Had on flat tire out of 2 - made conditions kinda rough to snow blow. Took only an hour to do a 20 by 100 driveway with 2 parked vehicles. Good luck shoveling. Anyone needing to borow a crippled snowblower, just give me a hollar.announce1

Twiget

19" and still coming down. Darn I guess I won't be able to go in to work tonight.sign1 sign1 sign1
Aloha
Tom

Glen Haasdyk

Funny how a couple thousand miles makes a difference, here in Western Canada we're having one of the warmest winters on record and today is sunny without a cloud in the sky!
Hope you all weather the storm alright.

Taylor

I'm usually not a big fan of the snow only because I generally am working during our larger storms. Luck would have it that I was off work today and was able to get around town to snap some pics. Not RR related but I hope you like them as the snow seems to bring out the best of our city. For what its worth, my plan is to model many of the same buildings in these pics (like the first pic of our Main Street).

10.gif

11.gif

3.gif

13.gif

Pete

Glen Haasdyk said:
Funny how a couple thousand miles makes a difference, here in Western Canada we're having one of the warmest winters on record and today is sunny without a cloud in the sky!
Hope you all weather the storm alright.
It's been the same here on the East Coast as well; up to this one, only two storms have hit my area, and the ground has been mostly bare since mid-December. We're forecast to get only 5-10 cm (2-4") from this one.
It only started to snow at about 3PM AST, so the worst is yet to come.

Woodie

aaaawww. That is so pretty. :) I can't imagine what it's like to be that cold that it snows that much. Specially where people actually live. Even though Australia has more snow fields that Switzerland and Austria put together, nobody actually lives there. It gets too cold. **BBBBBBRRRRRRRR**. You may get a light sprinkling (2" -3 " at the most) in some rural areas every few years or so, but it's usually all melted by lunchtime.

This sorta thing. Every cuppla years, maybe.
8643-8604_Coal_Katoomba_Snow_17-6-96.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
12 inches here. Just finished snowblowing my driveway and two neighbors. Took a break for the Bud Shootout. Getting cold(er) and windier.
So...When's that global warming suppose to start?

Nice pix, guys. Here in Upstate New York, only 250 miles from the big city, we just had a few flurries and have all of about 2" on the ground.

Sort of an aside, but with specific reference to the pix Taylor posted, it sure would be nice to know where you are. That looks like a nice little town, but you give no clue as to where it is. I think it would be great if all the folks here posted their location, along with Avatars etc.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Wow, some storm. I'm not trying to rub it in, but we could use a bit of that here in Arizona. We haven't seen rain in 116 days now, and still none in sight. Our ski resorts up in Flagstaff have had but a few inches of snow all season, and we have an early start on the wildfire season, up in the snow country of all places, 2500 acres so far gone up in flames. Temps have been running between the mid-70's and mid-80's here in the Phoenix area. No snow up north means no runoff this spring. You guys back east are hogging it all. I know you'd trade some sunshine for snow, we would...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW, great pics.:thumb: :thumb:

hooknlad

Rub it in Don, rub all that warm weather in - i have to snow blow off the hot tub here - 24 inches on it.... Is the warm / dry air any good for arthritis and pain?:cry:

Taylor

Dave Flinn said:
Nice pix, guys. Here in Upstate New York, only 250 miles from the big city, we just had a few flurries and have all of about 2" on the ground.

Sort of an aside, but with specific reference to the pix Taylor posted, it sure would be nice to know where you are. That looks like a nice little town, but you give no clue as to where it is. I think it would be great if all the folks here posted their location, along with Avatars etc.

Dave,
Sorry about that. Those pics are of Annapolis, MD.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Sorry, I wasn't trying to rub it in, we might have bragging weather right now, but we'll be paying for it this spring when the fires start.

Yeah, dry weather is suppose to help arthritis. Right now the humidity has been running under 10% and the dew point has been as low as -1 degree, now that's dry, even for around here. Still, given a choice, I can sympathize with you in the middle of the storm there, but not so much as wanting to trade places.:wave:

And Ed, sure, go ahead, just please, put it in Ziplock bags if you can...:D :rolleyes: :D

Pete

Bah, it was no big deal this time. Only received about 4" here, and that's all we have. The ground was 99% bare before yesterday.

kf4jqd

Moving to Eastern Tennessee, we only got a dusting in the valley. The Smoky Mountain's received up to 8 inches. I am glade to be out of Wisconsin. I don't miss their winters!

Andy