Big Bend

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Well I think I am finally happy. My minimum radius for my mainline is now 36 inches. Huge for N gauge but I love it.
bigbend.jpg

Hi Robin,

Thats as realistic looking as it can get. You done a beautiful job. Your logging camp looks great in front of that beautiful backdrop. May I ask where you got the backdrop. Ron :)

Tyson Rayles

Robin THAT LOOKS GREAT!!!!! Your min. radius is wider than my layout :( :( ! Great picture, is there a rock quarry going in the foreground there?

Matthyro

Thanks everyone. The foreground is supposed to be ranch country and that is going to be a creek. The spur will be for loading cattle from a small stockyard.

swissjohn

Fantastic Robin !!!!
Even when we are lucky enough to have plenty of space most of us still squeeze in as much railroad as possible.
Your photos prove just how rewarding and realistic the results can be if that temptation is resisted.
John.

Drew1125

WOW!!

That is definitely some BIG TIME railroading there, Robin!!
Long trains & big scenes...that is what N scale does best!
Fantastic photos!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Matthyro

Thanks John and Charlie. This is what I always wanted but seemed to have trouble acheiving. This is my third attempt in this location and so far I am happy. Its hard to go with less when your mind says add track here and there. I learned my lesson well with my last two layouts.

interurban

Hi Robin , Third time lucky??:D
Very well done I know how hard it is to get it right,, doing it in three is an achievement;)

MCL_RDG

Really...

...kewl!

Ida perfered (Everyone knows Ida) if them mountains were buildings just outside the "big city"- but- really great!

I love the grade change uP! I can look straight down a 3 mile straightaway (is that a word???!!!) of track and see what you've photographed.

Nice work- something to emulate on muh road (with a big city surrounding- of course).:D

Thanks for the pics!

Mark

WOW! That's what N scale is all about. Long realistic trains; long realistic curves.

What a wonderful "open" feel it has. I'm glad you resisted any urge to fill it with rails. Very inspiring (HO and O scalers, eat your hearts out).

Gavin Miller