bicentennial ho electric train

dolylo

Oct 25, 2005
wave.gif
My father left me a Bachmann HO Electric Train, Bicentennial Set: can anyone please tell me the value. It has never been out of the box.

:cool: It is a complete set with track and power pack. It has a bicentennial lighted 8 wheel drive u33b locomotive, (The locomotive has a lifetime guarentee) There are four 200th anniversary history cars (the Liberty Bell, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and The Declaration of Independence) and a bicentennial caboose.

I know he purchased this back in 1976 he has had it ever since it came out. He had to get it as fast as he could when it came out. I do remember that much.:)

At this time I am just interested in knowing what this might be worth. If anyone could tell me I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks to anyone who can help me.
wave.gif

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
search around for HO enthusiast sites and find some individuals... maybe look though yahoo groups. i've found quite afew nice yahoo groups that catered to my marx needs before.... your best bet will be e-mailing or posting to some of the people on the groups or to one of the webmasters, since prices are hard to find and change alot.. dont be afraid, most of them will help you, i've e-mailed random people with webpages to get quotes on misc collectables before just to see how much they were worth

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Such a set might be worth more to bicentennial collectors than model railroaders--what you have is essentially a cheap toy train set with some very unprototypical pieces. It probably isn't old enough yet to be particularly valuable.