Best way to put up a scenery paint on the wall? (walthers)

What is the best way to paste up or put up a Walther scenery print without ruining the curtain drywall and paint?

Thanks,
Greg

Enjoy photos!

Attachments

• IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 133

spitfire

I'd worry about that train wreck first if I were you!!! :) :)

Just kidding! :D Most people glue them directly to the wall, but it sounds like you don't want to do that. The only other solution is to glue them to a backdrop that sits behind the layout in front of the wall, but this may be tricky given that your benchwork is already in place.

My suggestion would be to use foamcore, and map pins to hold it in place. You can cover the pins with scenic items or buildings.

Val

Russ Bellinis

If you can't move the layout to get access to mount a backdrop, you could glue the back drop murals to foamcore as Woody suggested and use a little double sided foam tape to secure the foamcore to the walls. I would use a rubber contact cement, or go to a photography/camera shop to get the glue they use to matte pictures to mount your murals to the foamcore.

Russ Bellinis

spitfire said:
Woody? I'm not Woody! :) :rolleyes: :D :D

--> Val

I'm sorry Val, I thought I saw a post by Woody on this thread and was refering to his idea. As I look back over the thread, Woodie hasn't put anything in this thread, but I swear I'm not smoking anything, honest!
I was definately referencing your idea of using foam core to glue the backdrops to and then putting it up with double sided tape.

spitfire

Russ Bellinis said:
I'm sorry Val, I thought I saw a post by Woody on this thread and was refering to his idea. As I look back over the thread, Woodie hasn't put anything in this thread, but I swear I'm not smoking anything, honest!

No problem Russ. When you think about it, it's all Woody's fault anyway, for not putting something on this thread!!!! And I swear I'm not smoking anything either!!

Val

spitfire

gregbva123 said:
I think I might just glue or paste the scenery to the wall. What type of glue or paste should I use?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg, for that kind of thing I just use spray adhesive. It gives a nice even coating, but you do have to be careful when spraying. If I can, I'll take it outside to spray. That stuff gets all over everything, and into your lungs too.

Val