Best Polly Scale # to match D&RGW "Grande Gold/MOW yellow"?

Hi Gaugers,

I have heard very good things about the water-based Polly Scale acrilics, so I wanted to try them.

The big "but" about it is that PS paints aren't sold in Spain, and I will be obliged to buy the colours without seeing it "live" in the hobby shop. :mad:

I need a match for the D&RGW MOW yellow (was it the same that "Rio Grande Gold", wasn't?), and my question for the D&RGW fans is: what is better match for it, the "PS D&RGW Yellow" (F414257) or the "PS D&RGW Orange" (F414254)? :confused:

(Maybe a "custom mix"? :D What one? ;) )

Thanks

Hi again Javier,
I have always found that PS paint is extremely accurate matching to prototype colours.
Try e-mailing this company in scotland:-

http://www.macsmodels.co.uk/lists.htm

He is based close to Glasgow and will answer e-mails promptly and ship promptly. (no import duty or tax to be paid by you if you order from him). I've dealt with him and found him to be helpful and good supplier.

Errol

I just used Badger-16-62 Modelflex, D&RGW Gold for my Geeps and it is a perfect match for the Microscale decal sheet D&RGW yellow . I have not used the second color (BAD-16-61 D&RGW Orange) for the orange decals.
I don't know if you have used Modelflex paint before but I believe it is the best paint for airbrushing since you can use it right out of the bottle.

Roland
www.enginshop.org