Bergen Arches & Erie cut,

I have been working on track plans to model this sort of scene, I have chosen to depict it during it's construction . I'm not attemping to recreate this particular one, Just the essence of it. And to show what it took to achieve something like this a hundred or so years ago.
To me it is absolutely stunning.

here's a link to the Bergen Arches site
http://www.jerseycityhistory.net/bergenarches.html

Btw from the reading it sounds as though this oasis may have a bleak future. :(

t.

MCL_RDG

Excellent resourse link t.!

I lived near the area for 15 years and am fascinated with how they constructed all that. Riding the trians to Hoboken took you through some interesting terrain and so, similar constructs as you approached the palisades along the Hudson. Thanks for the resource (I already grabbed the photos and postcard pics off that site, plus the bookmark).

Mark

Gary Pfeil

T, That's my neighborhood, if you come up we'll take a field trip. Blake would join us, maybe even Mark. We could also throw in an operating session. Keep it in mind.

Gary

Hi N Gauger and thanks,.. But I'm confused (It comes natural) as to what I'm looking at. The photo's I've seen show it abandend and all grown over. Is this a part of it that is still fuctioning?

t.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I have no idea :)

I just went to Mapblast & entered Jersey City & this came up. Follow the link & go there to see what else you can find :) :)

You might have to sign in - but it's free. I use it a LOT to see RR ROW's all over the US.... It's Great!!! LOL

aartwmich

Here's a link that will give you satelite imagery of an area, although the images are often a few years old it's still pretty cool. I have used it to follow the tracks that border my property.

Use the advanced find to enter the city and state, then you can pan and zoom on the photo. Theres a button on the left to look at the topo map of the same area.

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/

Hi Ima, I'll check it out , thank you.

You mentioned the photo's where a few yrs old. They wouldn't happened to be about 90 yrs old? :D

t.