Benchmann EZ DCC System

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
You can run up to 3 engines with it as a stand alone system. If you need to run more you have to have a power booster. You can also add one DCC throttle and one DC only throttle.

I have one, it has served it's purpose by allowing me to try DCC at a nominal cost. In the spring I'm upgrading to a Digitrax system and passing the EZ Command on to my son.

Rick

NYNH&H

Dec 11, 2006
The Bachman DCC system is a good system for what it is, but it is VERY limited. I have it, and I am upgrading to Digitrax with Radio throttles. The Bachman system cannot program, cannot get hooked up to a computer, cannot have radio throttles, can only have 9 locos, and basically can't do much else. I know from experience that someone who is starting off should get a full featured starter set, the most attractive being the Digitrax Zephyr. It can do all of the programming and operation that the Super Chief can do, its only limitations are 10 locos/ throttles running simultaneously (although it can have the standard 99 or extended 9999 locos), 2.5 amps of power, and only 12 volts of track power, none of which are an issue for a small HO or N setup, and far less limiting than the Bachman system. The Zephyr can be expanded with Radio or walkaround throttles, hooked up to a computer for easier programming, hooked up to signals/ detectors/ turout decoders/ boosters etc.