Bell X-1

Discussion in 'Radio Control & Other Propulsion Methods' started by paul a, Apr 15, 2007.

1. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Paul, how is the build coming? Thats a neet autopilot idea, cool.
  2. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Paul, how is the build coming? Thats a neet autopilot idea, cool.
  3. paul a

paul a Member

i,m taking it slow to over come the stumbling blocks.that,s why i,m building three at one time thex-1 ,t-33 and the rubber band one.when one goes in to think mode i work on one of the others.that way i don,t go stagnent and give up.this weekend i,m going back to the x-1.
    was having trouble with the moiture in the air now the paper seems to be coperating.on the plus side I get to do more research and improve the design.
  4. paul a

paul a Member

i,m taking it slow to over come the stumbling blocks.that,s why i,m building three at one time thex-1 ,t-33 and the rubber band one.when one goes in to think mode i work on one of the others.that way i don,t go stagnent and give up.this weekend i,m going back to the x-1.
    was having trouble with the moiture in the air now the paper seems to be coperating.on the plus side I get to do more research and improve the design.
  5. paul a

paul a Member

the start of the auto pilot.
  6. paul a

paul a Member

the start of the auto pilot.
  7. paul a

paul a Member

this is going in to a 104 it,s a quick build i,ll be using it for answers.the rocket motors are not very stable this should conpaincate for the changes in thrust.
  8. paul a

paul a Member

this is going in to a 104 it,s a quick build i,ll be using it for answers.the rocket motors are not very stable this should conpaincate for the changes in thrust.
  9. paul a

paul a Member

it,s a disk made of 5mm foam board for the back stop I think i,ll have to put this in some kind of cage to stablize it in the aircraft want to use plastic in stead of metal for weight reasons maybe carbon fiber.
  10. paul a

paul a Member

it,s a disk made of 5mm foam board for the back stop I think i,ll have to put this in some kind of cage to stablize it in the aircraft want to use plastic in stead of metal for weight reasons maybe carbon fiber.
  11. paul a

paul a Member

the aircrafts outer skin is the easy part it,s the inner structure that makes it fly well that take all the time.anyone can make a display model try to make it fly or walk or or what ever it was intendent to do .In any medium then you have pushed your self to your limits.if you fail alot someday you will suscead.
  12. paul a

paul a Member

the aircrafts outer skin is the easy part it,s the inner structure that makes it fly well that take all the time.anyone can make a display model try to make it fly or walk or or what ever it was intendent to do .In any medium then you have pushed your self to your limits.if you fail alot someday you will suscead.
  13. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Paul, how are you making out with the X-1?
  14. paul a

paul a Member

had some real problems with the interal structures.they were adding to much weight. but if this new process with the t33 works out i might go rc on this one with your help the landing gear worked out ok. still have some buggs to work out on that too.thanks for asking .paul
  15. paul a

paul a Member

hows the weather lived in mount poconos for five years 10 years ago i bet it,s great right now not to hot or cold.
  16. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Been realy nice lately. Hope it holds up for a while. Good luck with the X-1.
  17. paul a

paul a Member

going to redue the whole thing in the paper mache way.should take 5 days will keep you posted.paul
  18. paul a

paul a Member

19. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Hi Paul,

Here's the first dumb question ;) Doesn't that water in the paper mache make the skin of the model damp and wrinke or sag ? Or am I missing something ????

Cheers
    Mark
  20. paul a

paul a Member