Beginner tries to strike again!

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Hello again to all. :wave:
Well, I finally got my first LED street lamp made! Then I attacked the helicopter and here they are. Am I learning or what? Thank you to all for your knowledge that you have pasted on this site. I may be slow, but I am getting it done!

Attachments

• MVC-791F.JPG
    MVC-791F.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 282
  • MVC-787F.JPG
    MVC-787F.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 290

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
LED Lamp

Thank you again for your good words every one.
Pitchwife, Someone on this site ( HO scale trains) left thier link to thier own site and it was there that I learned about the LED lamp poles. I don't remember who it was thou!
Any way here is a drawing on what I did.
I also played with several resistors ( 4.7k 1\4 watt down to 3.3K 1\4 watt) and found that the 3.3K ohm resistor worked the best for me, good and bright!! The LED's are 3.8 volts.
After I completed construction of poles I taped off the LED itself and spray painted the poles and the LED "leads" a light gray color. That was it!
I power all my goodies with a 50 amp, 0 to 15 volt DC power supply.
I have also started on the electric doors on the round house. I'm using stepper motors from old floppy disk drives and came up with a stepper motor drive program to open and close the doors and it will also control all other goodies from my train PC.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Good work RC!

Someone on this site ( HO scale trains) left thier link to thier own site and it was there that I learned about the LED lamp poles. I don't remember who it was thou!

Probably Fred, AKA dash10, AKA HO Moderator :D as it looks like his design to me :D and a jolly good one at that. I've got one and they are great. Will definately apply the technique on my own layout!

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
lighted transport wagon

Ok, I went all this time. I took my EMS transport wagon, ripped it apart, then added lights under the hood. I installed 4 LED's ( 1 of each - bl,rd, yel and green)that all flash simultaneously with a flash rate of 10 fps. So tell me what you think!
The second photo shows the green and yellow as both on, but thier not! :thumb:

Attachments

• transport3.jpg
    transport3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 55
  • transport5.jpg
    transport5.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 54