BeezerV's N Layout

Bikerdad

BeezerV,

Looking real good there, I take it you've chosen to model CSX? :D

As for the bumpedybump through the turnouts, it sounds like you may have gotten some of the early production C55 turnouts. When you have an opportunity, pick up one of the #10 turnouts, put some flex on both ends and test it. Atlas is supposed to have worked out the bugs. The reason why I say a #10 is you're guaranteed of getting a "new" engeered turnout, whereas with a #5 or #7 it depends on the luck of the draw. Is it a new one, or old first run stock? Can't tell the difference until ya run it...

beezerv

I didnt really set out to model any particular railroad. CSX and New England Central are the only lines I get to see in Jersey and CT and I like to buy engines similar to those I have actually seen.

Thanks for the advice on the turnouts. I'll pick up a new one next time I'm at the store but I might be too lazy to rip apart the old ones to replace them.

New pics coming this week.

beezerv

Here are some updated pictures of my layout progress. Comments are always welcome.

My small CSX fleet waiting for orders.
28071.jpg

The deer playing in the newly planted forest. My girlfriend actually planted all the trees. I told her to try adding the trees and she liked it so much she even wanted to go to the store to get more.
28072.jpg

Just the local industry.
28073.jpg

9537 comin around the bend.
28074.jpg

This is my newest NECR gp-38. How do you like the rusty rails? It was my first attempt at weathering something.
28075.jpg

The view from above.
28077.jpg

Thanks for looking.