Beersa Barrel & Stave

jmarksbery

:wave: Hello, it's just me. I scratch built this lilttle dity after the one by FSM and also by our own Shamus. Please forgive the lighting. I named it after our Jimmie Beersa from South Africa.
And it is called Beersa Barrel & Stave Company. I have 3 pics to post. I hope you enjoy it. :eek:ops:

Attachments

• BeersaSign.JPG
    BeersaSign.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 162
C

Catt

Lookin' good to me jmarksbery.Except its quite ovious to me that you were not informed that this type of modeling just can't be done in N scale :D

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Jim,
Looking excellent my friend, :thumb: You have really made a great job of it. Oh yes I scratchbuilt that little ditty in N-scale and H0 still got photos of them :thumb:
Cheers

Shamus

jkristia

Is THAT N scale ?, wow, it's a fantastic looking building, hard to believe it's N, super super fantastic :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

satokuma

Very well done...a craftsman you are jmarksbery... :D :D :D The details surely make it come alive. Where did you get all the details, are they scratch built as well??? :cool:

Thats a model I want to build

Jim.....Thats a model that will look good on any layout I like the details you have added to make the scene come alive The use of the back end of my handle is flattering......naming our industries after Gauge members was started by Robin long may it continue N Gauge !!!!!!! amazing :thumb: :thumb: :) :) :)

jon-monon

Very nice indeed, and who better to honor with such an honorable work of art than the honorable Jimmy Beersa?!?!?!?! Great work!!!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's great! I love all of the roof lines and the chimneys and vents! Fantastic in N scale! The signs on the walls are well done. How'd you make them? Hmmmm, as an advertising jingle for this company how about the Beersa Barrel Polka! :)
Ralph

jmarksbery

:wave: Thanks everyone.
I still want to add more detail, most after I add a base to it. Yes everthing was scratch built except for the red barrels, the window and doors. I try to use what I have or can make on hand. I use a leather punch to make some of the barrels, balsa for wood boxes, etc. Tubing is great to make different vent and stacks by doubleing up on some. To make most of the signs I use, I use typing paper as it is much thiner and if you wish you can make it conform to the texture of the building as I did on the large one on the back wall. Then I dullcoate them so I can weather them as I choose. I usually go for heavy weathering but on this one went light to represent a more recent painting. I only used a black wash to represent soot. Well I guess it is on to another project. Thanks again, Jim. :rolleyes:
Forgot to mention, you can get plans at The Hotbox and I think Shamus had some also for N 0r Ho.

TrainClown

Outstanding work! I think you have raised the bar for N scale modelers. Gee, and I'm about to try my hand at N scale modeling.

Good to see.

TrainClown :)

Lighthorseman

Roll Out The Barrel!

OUTSTANDING work as usual, Jim! :thumb:

I cannot actually add much that hasn't been mentioned, but will say that I too, am really, really impressed; even more so as it's N scale. Nice job! :)