Bed time!!

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
Well guys, it's time for me to go to bed. I got a big day ahead of me tommorow. I do commertial electrical, we have been doing all the work at a wine and spirits store for the past 3 months and the city electric people gave us the inspection needed to pull the primary leads from the poll to the transformer. Secondary and everything else is done.

This means we can make the store hot for the first time!! It also means anything is done wrong will blow up, making repares usully takes another month along with the punch list "punch list= anything that has to be changed requested by the customer including anything extra"

The last job we did took us about 2 months to do the punch list. one of the things we had to fix was something a very inexperainced "green" electritian did. He didn't know only A,B,and C phases could share a single nuetral. This boy had 3 sets of phases on one nuetral and when we got the building hot one 2 1/2" emt pipe blew up "overloaded the nuetral wire".

Needless to say he got a first hand education on how all that works and got the royalties of hanging new pipe and repulling about $2000 worth of wire.

I'm taking my digital cammera to work tommorow and if anything blows up I'll show you all how far a piece of pipe can fly!!

Personal note: When turning on main disconect stand as far away from the leaver as your arm can extend, turn head away from pannel, make a prayer and flip it ON. 120V tickles, 277V hurts, 480V... i knew a guy that grabed a hot wire....

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
...of course then there's me.... one of the guys that "checks" the punch lists :D :D :D

If it ain't done - you ain't getting paid!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Until we get the OK to pay - nothing moves :)

I'm the one that "receives" on the Purchase Orders - the last in line before it goes to Accounts Payable....to have the check cut :)

Yes - sometimes it not the best job in the world :)

3phase - I've seen that done a lot - The 3 Megawatt version of "Plug 'N' Pray"

And all it takes is one apprentice & it's "OOOOOOPS"!!!!!!!

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
As a builder, my definision of "punch list" is everything the subs didn't finish or do right to start with. No offense there 3phase, I'm sure you are a fine electricion.

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
SAL Comet said:
As a builder, my definision of "punch list" is everything the subs didn't finish or do right to start with. No offense there 3phase, I'm sure you are a fine electricion.

We work something like that, but if it dont look good and works it's up to the customer to make a final decision. We had a few customers say good enough on a few ocaitions.

But for the moste part you have a better definitain.

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
The day began with pipes stubed up and a transformer pad.
primary.jpg

pad.jpg

The electric company came early and set and conected the transformer, pulled the
primary wire and sent it up the poll.
transformer.jpg

poll.jpg

After we had perminate power we had to make perminate connections from the temporary power for lighting " see the extention cord....

light%20box.jpg

grid%20lights.jpg

Than we started to flip breakers to turn on everything...

Main breaker pannel.
main%20breaker.jpg

Starting from the left is pannles A,B,C, and D. A is for lighting, B is for power "recipticals" C is for anything the office uses, computers... ect. and D is for the humidifiers in the cigar room, door heaters in the walk in cooler... ect
abcd.jpg

What a day, alot of work has been done and i'm ready for bed again.... Till tommorow... Happy thanksgiving to all!!