Bear River Mercantile

Bill Pontin

Tyson that picutre I posted showing you a sample of the window cement was of a structure I scratch built from misc. DPM parts and stuff in my junk drawer. It is on my porch layout and that is on standby until I complete my modules for the Valley N-Trak club I recently joined. It was made to unload and store material from small packet boats working the Bear River. Needs much more scenery, boxes, barrells, pallets and what not.

Attachments

• mvc-017s.jpg
    mvc-017s.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 202

Bill Pontin

Next to that structure is the bait shop made from more left over parts.

Attachments

• mvc-021s.jpg
    mvc-021s.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 203

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Bill,
You don't see many bait, and tackle shops modeled, even around a waterfront scene. Nice !!!

So, what kind of "packet boats", are we going to see pierside??
Pete

Bill,

As a modeller in Britain modelling the USA scene, you have no idea just how much I appreciate you and the others posting pics in here. Information is thin on the ground over here and I keep looking at the colours and names and general style of things in your pics. I'm totally freelance in my ideas and maybe that is a hindrance as I want to model everything.

You've made a great job of that waterfront scene and I can imagine all the detail you will be puting into it eventually. Will it have sunken tracks alongside the warf, or was it just a space filler to add more interest? Either way, it's coming along very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Errol

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Bill,
Thats a dinky little structure that fish & bait, looks like it really belongs right there.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great structures Bill that would look good on any layouts. It's not just the building but the setting that makes them look realistic.

Drew1125

BillP,
That is some excellent kitbashing! :cool:
But the thing that makes it a standout is the beautiful way you've presented the structures...
Are my old, feeble eyes fooling me, or is that figure in the 1st shot casting a reflection on the wet pavement?
If so, that's a real touch of magic!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Bill Pontin

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the complements, I do enjoy designing and scratchbuilding structures. There is so wide a selection of material out there and at a reasonable cost. I am not too sure of what you see as water in either picture. The first picture, mercantile warehouse, the structure is not yet anchored on the layout and I have not completed painting the surrounding area. You may be referring to the clear plastic base on the figure in the second picture. I glue plastic bases on figures that I do not permanently anchor. Using a hole punch, I punch out circles from the thin window material that come with the DPM kits. Although they can be seen close up they do make a good base to stand the figures.