Beach anyone?

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Well, actually the tide is out cause I ain't put any water in it yet. I'm not sure if I will now. It seems to have got quite a good "The tide is out" look about it. Just maybe get a dingy or small rowboats etc and lay them on their side as if in the mudfalts. What do you guys reckon? Put some water down, or not? :confused:

Attachments

• DSCF0135.JPG
    DSCF0135.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 259

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
hmmmm.... that guy in the Porche is back again!! He must like fishing from the rocks of the railway embankment. Perhaps he's there early to get the sandworms. :thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF0111.JPG
    DSCF0111.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 257

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Hi Woodie. I like it without the water. although today, as I look out the window at our first snow falling, ice would seem to be more appropriate.

I think if you decide to add the water you might want to think about adding some sand as well!!??

Bob

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Thanks guys. :)

I'm gunna leave it for a while, I think. Finish it off of course (the embankment etc) before thinking of what I'm going to do about the water.

The "mud flats" bit is actually my local soil. Just scooped up some of it from around ant's nests (cause they've already sorted the finer grains out for me) then put it through a tea strainer, then spinkle it on. :) (a layer of white wood glue, of course).

The beach area is sloped by about 3/4 inch, again using the ant soil, and then wet down, and dribbled with 50/50 water/glue to get it to set. So if I do put water down, an area of beach will still be exposed.

The "sand" on the beach is actually mosquito coil ash. You know those "green" coil things you burn (smoulder) to fend off the mozzies and bugs? They're green to start with, but the ash is a very very fine sandy coloured powder (like talcum powder). Dusted that on, and I get the sandy bit of beach area. :)

The rock embankment is 4 Chinese takeaway containers of gravel scooped up from the roadworks where they are re-laying the footpath in town. Put through a course seive to remove the smaller bits and then laid like track ballast. (wet down, then dribble with 50/50 water/glue). :cool:

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Ask and ye shall receive. I added the backdrop just to give the water effect more depth, hope ya don't mind. But, here is your water. Oh, your scene looks great. :thumb: :thumb: Jim

alg.jpg