Be On Your Guard Against

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
EBAY or PAYPAL, spoof mail.
announce1
My latest attack came from a "paypal" it was locked out of my email account by yahoo spam blocker, so I go in and read thus.

Your PayPal account has been flagged.
Please click the link below and verify you account details.

YE RIGHT!.

On reposting this to ebay spoof mail they confirmed, another attack on poor old me .
You must know that ANY corrospondence between you and ebay/paypal will only be via your ebay account anything eles is a fraudulent letter trying to get your bank info.

I post this for your consideration.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
the worse part is that the reason they keep doing this is because people keep falling for it.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
steamhead said:
Marxed,
Weather is getting cold...When do we see more of your wonders???

Gus (LC&P).

i'm inside more now but now i'm busy busy with other stuff... :D my goal is to get it done before thanksgiving

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
TruckLover said:
I hate people that do this crap!!!!!:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Same here. Wife and I got skimmed earlier this year. Identity theft really sucks!:curse: :curse:

Thankfully, she was checking on something else in the account and noticed the irregularity about two days after the initial attack on our account. If we hadn't acted quickly, we would have been on the hook for $3,000.00 (That's right, 3 Grand!).

I didn't sleep very well for about two weeks until the mess was sorted out.:curse: I don't think I want to deal with Paypal or some of these other internet payment options.:curse:

Sorry for all the angry emoticons. I still get furious when I think about what happened to us.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
I removed my primary bank acct from paypal cause earlier this yr I got hit for $600. I now use either western union money order or I got a prepaid debit card that only has what I put on it, and thats usually enough to cover my spending.:thumb: